JUST FLIGHT - DASH 8-300 Profesional - ATC FAILURE BUG !

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Hi,

Does anyone out there use the Just Flight DASH 8 add-on.... ?

It's a lovely plane but I recently started using it's FMC, and half way into the flight I loseATC..... !

What happens is that I still get the messages on the screen to "tune" certain ATC channels, but then when it tunes and says "press 1 to contact approach".... pressing the keys does nothing....

It's as if a FAILURE is occuring on my Radio, so I can't talk to ATC or hear them..... eventually my IFR gets cancelled as ATC think I'm ignoring them!

This only seems to happen when I'm using the FMC for some reason (perhaps because it autotunes NAV frequencies in order to fly the route thats been entered).

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS- OR KNOW WHAT MAY BE CAUSING IT ?

Also last night, the landing Gear failed on approach.... I checked the Failured screen and there was an "ELECTRICAL" failure displaying !!

(I didn't set up any failures!)....

I'd love to hear if anyone else knows about this - It's currently meaning my Dash 8 is stuck in the hangar, as I always use the FMC where ther is one, and I rely on ATC for vectors for landing...

OF COURSE I ALSO ALWAYS TEND TO USE MY LANDING GEAR WHEN LANDING - Call me old-fashioned ! 😂 😂

Can anyone help ? Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
DennyD Guest

I'm having similar issues! None of my Boeing Jets show electrical panels. Is there a FS virus running around out there? I'd like some help on this issue as well.

Thanks in advance!

DennyD

Pro Member Captain

I done a FULL uninstall of FS and all my add-ons.... and although everything works faster now, I still have this issue with the Just Flight DASH-8, so sadly it's retired out of service for me just now !

I'm pretty sure the DASH 8 problem is a bug with the program but it sounds like your problem maybe bigger if you're using panels.

have you tried re-installing FS ?

Jray708 Guest

I have had this problem.
Register your copy of FSUIPC and there is a fix, it is to do with battery life.
Mabe this will cure the electrical / gear problems too. Shame PSS do not explain this, or make a patch.
Ray

Pro Member Captain

Hi - thanks for your help - what is FSUIPC ?

Thanks,

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The-GPS-Kid wrote:

Hi - thanks for your help - what is FSUIPC ?

Thanks,

It's a small app that sometimes has to be registered for use but quite often can be used free of charge depending what you are using it for.

http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...