Problem with Beechcraft Baron

hewqtor Guest

Hi,
I have a very big problem when driving Beechcraft Baron which is used for CPL. It's called a complex aircraft, right?
My problem is when I use the plane, the bank level also not stable - it always tends to the left and the elevators are very very super sensitive. I don't have this problem when driving other airacrafts. Can anyone tell what's wrong with this Baron?

Answers 25 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

well, have you tried adjusting the trims? Those will usually correct it. is it in certain weather conditions or settings?

Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

does the baron have aileron trims?

Guest Ed Guest

hewqtor, did you try changing the sensitivity on the elevators and rudder in FS09 Settings? I have always found the Baron to be a bit twitchy and hard to fly by hand, anyhow, but some planes are just more sensitive than others.

Ed

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

how many of you agree that the Baron 58 is one of the hardest default aircraft to land?

Pro Member First Officer
earthqu8kes First Officer

pilatflyr wrote:

how many of you agree that the Baron 58 is one of the hardest default aircraft to land?

RANDOM!!! 😂

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

just sayin'...

but still. i don't like it that much because the nose drops so fast when you don't trim it right

Pro Member First Officer

well if you practice over and over again it will be easier..."practice makes perfect (sometimes 😂 )"

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

sometimes, being the key word there. i still struggle with it...though i don't fly it anymore

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

hewqtor wrote:

Hi,
I have a very big problem when driving Beechcraft Baron which is used for CPL. It's called a complex aircraft, right?
My problem is when I use the plane, the bank level also not stable - it always tends to the left and the elevators are very very super sensitive. I don't have this problem when driving other airacrafts. Can anyone tell what's wrong with this Baron?

The Barron is a very sensitive aircraft, that's just the nature of the beast. Check that you controller is calibrated and your sensitivities and Null zones are set to an acceptable level. I recommend having you sensitivities set to 50% of travel, Null zones for Elevator and ailerons at 10%. Set Throttle sensitivity to 100% with Null zone of 5%-0%. Ensure the aileron and Rudder trims are centered. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (SpiderWings) First Officer

pilatflyr wrote:

I've not had a problem with it. I think the Piper J-3 cub is the toughest for me to land and after that the Baron was no problem.

Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

Ive never had a problem with the baron. The plane I find hard to land is my twin otter. It's far too twitchy for something of its size.

Guest Ed Guest

pilatflyr wrote:

I think the Extra 300 is the hardest to land, because it is so light and doesn't have flaps. If you pull back on the stick to slow down and/or flare, it starts climbing again. The crazy thing won't stick to the runway, it just keeps trying to fly! 😂

Ed

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

i could agree to that. it just takes practice, it's not really HARD

Pro Member First Officer

Guest Ed wrote:

pilatflyr wrote:

I think the Extra 300 is the hardest to land, because it is so light and doesn't have flaps. If you pull back on the stick to slow down and/or flare, it starts climbing again. The crazy thing won't stick to the runway, it just keeps trying to fly! 😂

Ed

you are a mind reader... 😂

Pro Member First Officer
Concorde105 First Officer

earthqu8kes wrote:

Guest Ed wrote:

pilatflyr wrote:

Ed

You are a mind reader.

Pro Member First Officer

earthqu8kes wrote:

Guest Ed wrote:

pilatflyr wrote:

Ed

It can be landed!!???? 😳

j/k

Guest Ed Guest

SpiderWings wrote:

earthqu8kes wrote:

Guest Ed wrote:

pilatflyr wrote:

Ed

It can be landed!!???? 😳

j/k

No, it can only be crashed. 😉

Ed

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

^^ Oh well, Gives Moderators something to do...

A valid opportunity to press that "Delete" button this time... you Mods will know; it's the button that keeps staring at you in so many threads, and sometimes even seems to yell at you: "Press me, Press me now!"... Wink

Pro Member First Officer
spitfiresrule First Officer

pilatflyr wrote:

I find it is pretty easy to land!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I think the DH-88 Comet is harder to land than the Barron, it's one of the historical aircraft in FS9.

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

CRJCapt wrote:

I think the DH-88 Comet is harder to land than the Barron, it's one of the historical aircraft in FS9.

Not to land... to taxi it is a nightmare!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

The Ryan NYP "The Spirit Of St. Louis" has to be the most challenging.

Pro Member First Officer

CRJCapt wrote:

I agree. I've not had a hard time with the Baron at all.

I also think the Piper J3 Cub is a tough one to land... well to land isn't bad, but to keep it under control til you slow down is a real fun challenge. But it can be mastered and I highly recommend it as a great learning experience and a way to fine tune your touch. Its become one of my favorites now.

Pro Member First Officer
spitfiresrule First Officer

SpiderWings wrote:

CRJCapt wrote:

I agree. I've not had a hard time with the Baron at all.

I also think the Piper J3 Cub is a tough one to land... well to land isn't bad, but to keep it under control til you slow down is a real fun challenge. But it can be mastered and I highly recommend it as a great learning experience and a way to fine tune your touch. Its become one of my favorites now.

The J3 is nice but its to slow for me and the avionics just don't cut it lol . I find the Super Decathlon is way better and equally as challenging to land.

Pro Member First Officer

I'll have to check into one of those.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...