Beechcraft King Air 350 VR

Excelsis Guest

I've started flying the Beechcraft King Air and the accompanying flight notes tell me I should aim for Vr at 110 KIAS and maintain 117 KIAS while climbing. I am at N1 100%.

I find this impossible. The speed is whizzing so fast that, by the time I draw back the joystick at 110, it's already 140 KIAS before I take off! And as for maintaning 117, forget it...that's too precise

It all happens so fast. How do you guys do it?

BTW, it's not just the Beechcraft but other aircraft as well, so that points to my general ineptness in this particualar skill. I'd love to crack this nut!

Any tips gratefully received
Thanks

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
cheechm First Officer

Reduce your N1 speed as you start to approach 110 KIAS and pull up a bit more. That should help.

Munkeh Guest

I'm flying this aircraft too...quite like it, although just tried to land in extreme weather and all i got was "Negative, airport is currently IFR only" so just landed on a road 😂

Anyways, what I meant to ask was do you find this aircraft realy sensitive to your joystick? I pull up a bit...and the aircraft flies up to 40 degrees of pitch...will have to look for a sensitivty setting or something.

Munkeh wrote:

Anyways, what I meant to ask was do you find this aircraft realy sensitive to your joystick? I pull up a bit...and the aircraft flies up to 40 degrees of pitch...will have to look for a sensitivty setting or something.

Not really, I don't find it more sensitive than other aircraft, only when taking off and leaving the runway then I have to keep a firm hand until it stabilises and I can trim or use AP.

Excelsis Guest

Sorry, forgot to put my name in above. For "Guest" read "Excelsis" again. Embarassed

Excelsis Guest

cheechm wrote:

Reduce your N1 speed as you start to approach 110 KIAS and pull up a bit more. That should help.

Thanks for this tip. Have tried it and it has greatly improved my take-offs! I can just about manage to stay between 110-120 KIAS now.

Pro Member First Officer
cheechm First Officer

Excelsis wrote:

Thanks for this tip. Have tried it and it has greatly improved my take-offs! I can just about manage to stay between 110-120 KIAS now.

Glad to hear it! 👍

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...