replacing missing scenery files from cd

icebreaker9999999999 Guest

Hi everyone,
Just a small q. does anyone know how I can re-install missing scenery files (ASIA.cab) from the F.S. 2004 disc itself. The sim itself does run ok without,but it can crash/refuse to start without it. I also get the message "cannot find selected flight files - will restart with default flight".
These installation discs were replaced by Microsoft because of the same issue - but sadly the new discs had the same problem 😞(

Greatful for any feedback - especially on how to restore the files from the disc itself !!
Cheers,
icebreaker

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

you should probably try to reinstall flight simulator altogether. If you wipe the entire thing clean, reinstalling it will force the files to be put back in their place

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
icebreaker9999999999 Guest

Hi,
Thanks for that,
i would really like to try installing files from the disc,however,I'll try this instead - but first - How do I COMPLETLY uninstall FS 2004 from my pc'

Cheers,
icebreaker

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

icebreaker9999999999 wrote:

Hi,
Thanks for that,
i would really like to try installing files from the disc,however,I'll try this instead - but first - How do I COMPLETLY uninstall FS 2004 from my pc'

Cheers,
icebreaker

Try this.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/3805/

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...