Here is a Complete List of What is on Each FS9 Disk.

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

I have seen many post since I joined ask for certain files to be upload because there have come corrupted of they have been deleted. Here is a complete list of what is on each disk.

All the MSGAME*.CAB files are in zip format so you will need either Winrar, Winzip or any other extraction tool.

FS9 Disk 1

DirectX
Adobe Reader
Manuals
Simcharts
GMax
MSGAME1.CAB
Aircraft folder
Autogen
Charts
Config
Effects
Flights
Fonts
MSGAME2.CAB
FSweb (Learning center stuff)

FS9 Disk 2

MSGAME3.CAB

Gauges
Indeo
Lessions
Script
Texture
Uires
weather

MSGAME4.CAB

Sound (USEnglishBig.gvp)

MSGAME5.CAB

Sound (USEnglishSmall.gvp)

MSGAME6.CAB

Sound (All the sound .wav files are located here)

FS9 Disk 3

MSGAME7.CAB

Scenery/Cities New York and Seattle are located here

MSGAME8.CAB

Scenery, the following files are located here
BASE
Eure
Eurw
Generic
namc
Name
namw
Props
Vehicles

MSGAME9.CAB

Scenery/cities, the following files are located here
Dallas
Denver
Oshkosh
St Maarten

FS9 Disk 4

Compact Scenery CFG file
Complete Scenery CFG File
Scenery/Cities, the following zip files are located here
ASMSTERD
ATLANTA
HEATHROW
KITTYHAWK
LASVEGAS
NIAGARA
PHOENIX
SYDNEY
ANCHOR
CHICAGO
HONGKONG
LA
MIAMI
PARIS
SANFRAN
TOKYO
The following ZIP files are located in ths scenry folder.
ASIA
OCEN
WORLD
AFRI
AUST
SAME

I hope this has help you out

Last edited by liam (Liono) on Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total

Answers 17 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

👍 👍 👍

Good job Liono 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Cheers Greekman,

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Good idea Liono Clap

Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

very good idea!!!
🍻

😎

Liono:

Your info is really good but I need to replace my airport KCVG with the default airport. Where do you find airports on the game Disks.
My airport .bgl files are in a sub folder called "My World Airports" which is in the folder "Add On Scenery"

What disk is that on. I could not find it in the Compact Scenery or Complete Scenery. Is it a hidden folder??

Mike

I want the following files for FS2004 :

terrain.cfg & Scenery.cfg

please and thank you 😞 😞

sabater_wb Guest

I need all the aircraft of this list.

b737_400
b747_400
b777_300
beech_baron_58
beech_kinh_air_350
bell206b
c172

My MSGAME1.CAB is corrupted.

Please, who want help me, send the aircrafts to sabater_wb@hotmail.com

If each member send a aircraft for me, is easy. 😉

Liono...... u seem to know a bit about it !! 🙂

Can I run FS2004 without having to carry round disc 4 and put it in each time ????? If so how ???

Thx

🙂

Pro Member Trainee
Mitchell Delaney (minicaptain) Trainee

how do i gather all the b747 files so i can just get that out of MSGAME1.cab?

Pro Member Trainee
Ricksterbman Trainee

There is what is called a "No CD Crack" available from the FLy Away Site that when downloaded and installed according to instructions, eliminates the need for putting in disc #4 when you want to fly.

You just open the file when you are done, and click on the airplane shaped icon labeled "FS9" ; then go to your start menu and find "My Computer" and click on that. Go then to "Program Files" open that, and then click on "Microsoft Games". Then click on "Microsoft Flight Simulator" and then the main page for all the Simulator Files will come up. Look about halfway down the page and find the "FS9" airplane shaped Icon that is already there......delete it. Then paste the icon that you just copied in its place. That's it: you can now use the simulator without a disc in the cd-rom drive.

Pro Member Trainee
Er-Jin Jang (hizmercy) Trainee

Ya,
Before I switched to FSX, I used to have dial-up, so the cracks were virtually undownloadable.
Just for random info, I you end up with a CD-required game with no cracks available, use a .iso making tool to compile a .iso on your harddisk and run it as a virtual CD (or DVD) using Daemon, PowerISO, Alcohol 120%, etc...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Ricksterbman wrote:

There is what is called a "No CD Crack" available from the FLy Away Site that when downloaded and installed according to instructions, eliminates the need for putting in disc #4 when you want to fly.

You just open the file when you are done, and click on the airplane shaped icon labeled "FS9" ; then go to your start menu and find "My Computer" and click on that. Go then to "Program Files" open that, and then click on "Microsoft Games". Then click on "Microsoft Flight Simulator" and then the main page for all the Simulator Files will come up. Look about halfway down the page and find the "FS9" airplane shaped Icon that is already there.......delete it Then paste the icon that you just copied in its place. That's it: you can now use the simulator without a disc in the cd-rom drive.

Deleting it is not a good idea as you'll be needing it if you want to uninstall FS9. Better rename the original .exe and keep it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

hizmercy wrote:

Ya,
Before I switched to FSX, I used to have dial-up, so the cracks were virtually undownloadable.

Unlikely as the FS9 No-CD Crack is only 504 KB in size. But Microsoft got wise and now for FSX you don't need to insert a disk or alternatively use a crack to run the game.

Pro Member Trainee
Er-Jin Jang (hizmercy) Trainee

True, I never thought about the difference of 500 KB for the crack and nearly 10 MB for the ISO tool. My bad. Doh!

Baraka Guest

just downloaded FS2004, when i install it it wants me to insert Microsoft Simulator 2004 disc 1 into drive F

help please

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

What do you mean by "just downloaded FS2004".
Is it legal.

Radar

Thibault Guest

Hello, 
Is it possible to send me the msgame5.cab file at my email address (thibault08.grimaldi@gmail.com) because my file is corrupt.
Thank you for your help.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...