Fuel Calculation.

Pro Member Trainee
Craig (Sno0ze) Trainee

Ok guys, I've been wondering how to do this properly since I can't find any info on it in the learning center apart from how to fuel the plane. How do you calculate how much fuel you will need for a flight? See the thing apart from obvious reasons of it being a sim and me wanting to do it just like real pilots, I recently set Torque, Gyro Drift, Damage Sensitivity and P-Factor to realistic.

Unknown to Sno0ze he came in for a swift landing at Dyce Airport, UK. No proper rate of descent, no trim, only flaps when needed and localizer/glideslope referance. When I hit the runway I immediately went into a big skid, the plane tipped up and swung around. Crashed twice. It was then I realized this could be the left pull thing from Torque and P-Factor and the like. (Was flying a A321 btw) So I thought, if I'm always flying at full load then my landing speed is much heigher = more chance of a dire spin and tip.

So then I knew it was all about fuel, then I hit a brick wall as to how to work this out quickly, accurately and effectively. That's where you guys come in 🙂 So if anyone has any personal methods they use to work this out or methods actually used in real flight they could teach me I would be extremely appreciative.

~Sno0ze

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Llain First Officer

Use the flight planner. When you have plotted a flight plan ues the nav log Tab it will bring uo the list of way points. At the top it also gives you the fight time and how much fuel you would use just add some extra fuel.

Make sure you load the aircraft first before you use the flight planner as its calulates the fuel on the aircraft you have selected.

Pro Member Trainee
Craig (Sno0ze) Trainee

Ahh I see thanks a lot man, does this work for direct gps routes aswell as using VOR to VOR or ploting your own course etc? I haven't really gone into detail about using the flight planner properly yet.

Thx again,

~Sno0ze

Bes-o-matik Guest

Actually Torque and P-factor do not affect your A-321 at all.
They refer to propeller-engined planes only. Wink

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...