Fuel consumption rates

Pro Member Trainee
Simmy Trainee

Greetings to all.

Can anyone tell me where to find details of fuel consumption for aircraft?
In order to fill in a flight log properly I need to know fuel consumption rates at take of, cruising etc. I suppose at a basic level I could use MS FS 2004 aircraft specs giving range and total fuel load but I would like to take it further. I realise that these details will be in the manufacturer's aircraft handbook but as a flightsimmer I do not have access to one. I have tried the aircraft manufacturers web sites but the info is not there.
At present I am interested in Cessnas but later I would like the same info for other aircraft. Any ideas?

😛 Simmy

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
spitfiresrule First Officer

Hi simmy
Fuel consumption rates are based on things like air temp, altitude, Rpm settings etc.
Here is a performance chart that I found its for a cardinal but you will get the general idea. http://www.dauntless-soft.com/PRODUCTS/Freebies/HandlingNotes/Resources/Cessna/177+Cardinal/
You can browse through the site it has tons of checklists and charts.

Pro Member Trainee
Simmy Trainee

Hi Spitfiresrule,

Thanks. As you say there is a lot of info there to give me a guide.

😛 Simmy

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...