formation flying

Pro Member Trainee
dl295 Trainee

just a message to see if anyone is interested in flying formation on multiplayer. if there is a few then i'll post a list of aircraft that we use already( mainly military aircraft)

Answers 21 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

You may need this, [b]How to fly formation.

I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt. 😂

Pro Member Trainee
dl295 Trainee

lol
been doing it for a while now with a friend of mine, been thinking it's time to expand the numbers

Pro Member First Officer
RichT First Officer

I've tried a couple of tiimes with both F16 and C130 miltary AI. I have never tried flying online with others and to be honest, don't know how it works, but would be very interested to give it a go.

Most of my military aircraft are the big transports and refuellers (C130, VC10, C17, C141, KC135, Sentry, Nimrod, Victor and Tristar), but I do have an excellent F16 and A10.

Rich

Pro Member Trainee
dl295 Trainee

i've got the just flight c-130 package, do you have the E-3D,F or A? i have an F but i 'm after a D and a nimrod r1

Pro Member First Officer
RichT First Officer

I have an E3F (RAF version) and an E3A (USAF version). All are freeware.

Pro Member Trainee
dl295 Trainee

mines got spanish markings but i'm in the process of making a 8/23 sqn repaint for it just need to get a designer to make the ECM pods for the wings the it's complete i'll try and set up a server for saturday

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

my friends screw around online all the time. doing formation flying in our cessna citations 😂

then we pick on AI traffic

Pro Member Trainee
dl295 Trainee

need to sort out some voice coms at the mo we run messenger in the background ( too tight to by owt decent) i swear that fastest and hardest aircraft ever to keep in formation is an f-20 tigershark

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

They are pretty hard. The F-18's are pretty easy tho, they just kill your frames like that if you're flying with that one from FS KBT

Pro Member Trainee
dl295 Trainee

is that the one with Eagles CO and about 25 others?

i find a-10's are pretty easy as are b-52's

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

that would be the one.

also, the project fokker models are great for that kind of stuff. they should improve the autopilot a little bit though

Pro Member Trainee
dl295 Trainee

tell me about it i've had some real problems with trafiic 2005 on it as well it just can't deal with seriously overpopulated airspace

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

yeah. it's not one of those planes that goes along with you easily

Pro Member Trainee
dl295 Trainee

have you tried the f-16 by kirk olafsson can't fault it for keeping a decent frame rate especially when recording

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

I record directly to a DVR so I see no drop in frames during recording. but yes, they are consistent. they're hard tho because I have to keep adjusting the trims lol 😂

Pro Member First Officer
RichT First Officer

I have the F16 (VIPER) by Kirk Olsson. Excellent looking aircraft and handling! My favourite 'bird' has to be the Tupolev TU-95 Bear by a guy called V.Zhyhulskiy. Brilliant sound, looks and feel when flying this beast!!

If it's Saturday it may be awkward for me during the day, as I run my own business. If it's at night however then it should be OK, as long as the other-half doesn't want to go out or watch a film etc!!

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (SpiderWings) First Officer

dl295 wrote:

need to sort out some voice coms at the mo we run messenger in the background ( too tight to by owt decent) i swear that fastest and hardest aircraft ever to keep in formation is an f-20 tigershark

Teamspeak2 worked pretty good for me a while back. Just have to have your mike turned on and assign one key to activate it when you want to talk.

Pro Member Trainee
dl295 Trainee

RICHT got a BEAR(tupolev summat or owt) the 4 engine prop designed to annoy the brits. think its the right one for later today ( time now 0215GMT) if not have you got kirk olafssons viper colection??? f you have i'll PM you with the details for connection.

ANYONE ELSE WANT TO FLY???

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

I love the F-14 when you're flying with someone in formation. there's a lot of stuff that you can do and they do it all

Pro Member Trainee
dl295 Trainee

my only problem with teamspeak is from playing bf2142 and bf2 when it seemed to lag a bit but aint that life lol

Pro Member First Officer
RichT First Officer

You will have to run through on how to set things up, as I've never done this before. I have a pair of Skype headphones and microphone, I assume this will be OK. It just plugs into a USB connection.

PM me when your ready.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...