Airport tarmac and taxiways lighted up at night

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Hey I always noticed that at night all the taxiways and parking spots are always lighted up. Should they be dark at night? What I mean is that the taxiways and parking spots are always bright at night as it is in daytime. Is there a way to make the taxiways look dark at night? Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Mitchell Delaney (minicaptain) Trainee

is that for every airport or are you using an addon scenery because sometimes they make stupid mistakes like forgetting to add night textures.

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

It's all default, except for Newark International Airport where I put an AFCAD file and Kai Tak Airport where I upgraded scenery. However, they All don't have night textures. I can see the taxiways and parking spots at night in the air, which makes it really unrealistic. You know what I'm saying?

Pro Member Trainee
Mitchell Delaney (minicaptain) Trainee

yeah i get ya but i don't know what to do, maybe something didnt go right in the installation, sorry i couldnt help anymore

Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

KevinTsai wrote:

Hey I always noticed that at night all the taxiways and parking spots are always lighted up. Should they be dark at night? What I mean is that the taxiways and parking spots are always bright at night as it is in daytime. Is there a way to make the taxiways look dark at night? Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Look around for the addon FSnight.............

fs2night2.zip - AVSIM.com

This will get rid of the BRIGHT night problem,and give you Nighttime realism!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Just found this on Avsim, it makes night time darker. 🙂
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2704/fs2004-night-time-fixes/

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Perfect! After taking a look at the pictures on avsim, this is exactly what I needed to made the tarmac and taxiways look dark. I'll download it later. 😀

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Bad news! When I downloaded and installed the night time addon, the taxiways and tarmac are still bright! What am I doing wrong? I installed the addon into my flight simulator 9 folder. Has this happened to anyone? Help me! 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I don't have it installed but here is an excerpt from the read me file.
"Installation:
Run the FS2004NT.exe to Setup the program.
Start the program from the FS2004 Night Time Fixes folder in the Start Menu.
There are 3 sets of options:
1. Darken the default night lighting for clouds, aircraft VC, airport grounds, and autogen.
2. Dim the airport lighting systems: Vasi, Edge Lighting, Taxiway Lighting, etc..
3. Dimmer/Bluer Landing & Taxi lights for default aircraft. But will NOT WORK on some 3rd party aircraft such as Real Air Marchetti

Read FS2004 Night Time PDF Manual for further information and pictures."

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Which part of the Flight Simulator 9 Folder should I install it to? Should I put the Night Time in the textures folder or other folders?

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

can anyone please help me on this?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I don't have it but it looks like all you do is run the FS2004NT.exe to Setup the program, I don't think you have to manually move anything.

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

the only thing you have to move is where you want to put the program into whick folder and file. By the way, when i tried the update and when i selected dark night lighting and dim airport lighting options, only the lights dim. The self illumination is still there and i dont know why.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...