Logitech Rumblepad 2 question

Pro Member Trainee
VacTacks11 Trainee

Hello folks,

Just installed FSX and it plays beautifully on my computer! A very good purchase, I would think.

My question is this. I'm using the Logitech Rumblepad 2, which has 2 analog controls.

The left is fine, but the right is not. The right is set (by default) for throttle. When I move the stick to the right it chokes the throttle and when I move it to the left it opens it (which is desired).

However, when I let the stick move back to center (from the right) the throttle increases. This leaves me with having to hold the right analog control to the right.

Any ideas on what I may be able to do to resolve this?

Thanks!

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

VacTacks11 wrote:

Hello folks,
Just installed FSX and it plays beautifully on my computer! A very good purchase, I would think. My question is this. I'm using the Logitech Rumblepad 2, which has 2 analog controls. The left is fine, but the right is not. The right is set (by default) for throttle. When I move the stick to the right it chokes the throttle and when I move it to the left it opens it (which is desired). However, when I let the stick move back to center (from the right) the throttle increases. This leaves me with having to hold the right analog control to the right. Any ideas on what I may be able to do to resolve this? Thanks!

Flight Simulator sees the throttle axis as a lever that moves from point A to B and all positions in between. This is how a real aircrafts throttle works. Your game pads right(and left) stick is seen as a mini-joy stick that centers. The game pad just isn't designed for Flight Simulator type control inputs. You can try assigning throttle movement to two buttons but I suggest getting a Joy stick with a view hat switch. 🙂
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2221,CONTENTID=6954

Pro Member Trainee
VacTacks11 Trainee

You know I went into BestBuy to look for that logitech joystick, and they had one on display, but I couldn't find it.

I guess I'll take this controller back and try at another one.

Thanks for the help!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

VacTacks11 wrote:

You know I went into BestBuy to look for that logitech joystick, and they had one on display, but I couldn't find it.
I guess I'll take this controller back and try at another one. Thanks for the help!

You're welcome. Try Wal-mart, it was the lowest price I could find.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3426741

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...