FSX problem

Pro Member Trainee
Simmy Trainee

Has anyone else had the following problem?
Flying a Cessna 172 if after take off you go from cockpit view to Spot plane view and start to move around the aircraft with the hat switch the screen locks up but the flight is still running in the background. The only way I can get out of the situation is to press Ctrl,Alt Del and End task. However, if I then restart FSX without re-booting the computer I cannot get the flight or anything to run. I get a black screen

😛
Simmy

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Simmy wrote:

Has anyone else had the following problem?
Flying a Cessna 172 if after take off you go from cockpit view to Spot plane view and start to move around the aircraft with the hat switch the screen locks up but the flight is still running in the background. The only way I can get out of the situation is to press Ctrl,Alt Del and End task. However, if I then restart FSX without re-booting the computer I cannot get the flight or anything to run. I get a black screen

😛
Simmy

What are your system specs and do you have the latest video drivers.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Llain First Officer

I have not had any problems with FSX, but if your screen is locking up I would say it is your graphic card.

Which card do you have and do you have latest drivers

Pro Member Trainee
Simmy Trainee

The computer is only 6 months old.

Specs:

Processor-- Intel Pentium D 930 dual core 2x3.0 GHz
RAM--2048 mb
Hard disc capacity--300Gb used solely for FSX
Graphics card-- NVIDIA GeForce 7600GS
Graphics memory--512 mb

When I boot up the computer I use a clean boot on Windows XP as suggested by Microsoft.

In view of the dual core processors I tried the suggestion by Wing-man of altering the task manager so that it uses both processors but I cannot complete the procedure because as soon as I press Ctrl,Alt Del it minimises FSX to the task bar and ten will not allow me to maximise it.

😛 Simmy

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Clean out the old drivers and go to their site and download the latest drivers.
Disable your anti-virus when you load the new ones.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Simmy Trainee

Radarman,

Many thanks. I have done what you advise and it has cured the problem.

Simmy

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Simmy wrote:

Radarman,

Many thanks. I have done what you advise and it has cured the problem.

Simmy

Good news, thanks for telling us.
That will help others with the same problem.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...