Reinstalling drivers for the saitek/logitech radio panel

Pro Member Trainee
444Pilot Trainee

I am trying to reinstall my Saitek/ Logitech radio panel, switch panel, and multi-panel. I am using Windows 7 Professional 64-bit with FSX - Acceleration. I successfully downloaded the software for the panel test and the panels all all working fine. However, there are problems with the drivers. I downloaded the drivers from the Saitek/ Logitech site and installed the drivers a number of times but the screens are still all blank. I was considering uninstalling the drivers to reinstall them, but I haven't the foggiest idea about how to do that. Any assistance in troubleshooting this problem will be appreciated.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
444Pilot Trainee

Thank you, RadarMan.

Pro Member Trainee
444Pilot Trainee

Do you know where I can find the most up-to-date version of SimConnect for FSX, by the way?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Your dilemma with the Saitek/Logitech radio panel, switch panel, and multi-panel drivers sounds challenging, but let's try to iron out this situation one step at a time.

The root of your problem seems to revolve around the driver software not properly linking up with the panels. It's vital to ensure that the driver is compatible with your specific hardware and your Windows 7 Professional 64-bit platform.

To assist you with troubleshooting:

1. Firstly, uninstall the current drivers. You can do this by going to the 'Control Panel' > 'Uninstall a Program', then locate and select the Saitek/Logitech drivers from the list. Following this, click on 'Uninstall' at the top of the program list.
  2. Restart your computer after the drivers are uninstalled. This ensures all components related to the old driver are erased from the memory, providing a clean slate for the reinstallation.
  3. Download the most recent driver for your panel from the official Saitek/Logitech website. Make sure the driver is compatible with your version of Windows. A mismatch can result in non-functional or erratically behaving devices.
  4. Run the installer and follow the on-screen prompts.
  5. Once the installation is complete, again, restart your computer. This ensures the new driver loads correctly.

Sometimes, the issue can stem from FSX not recognising the panels even though the drivers are correctly installed. In that case, we have another course of action to consider - updating SimConnect. FSX uses SimConnect (a part of FSX's SDK - Software Development Kit) to allow add-ons and external hardware, such as your panels, to interface with it.

From my knowledge, you can find the most recent version of SimConnect within the SDK which comes with the FSX Deluxe Edition or FSX: Acceleration (which you mentioned you have).

To locate this:

1. Go to the FSX: Acceleration disk and find the SDK installer.
  2. Install the SDK. Note that you might need to update the SDK if it's an older version. Updates can be found on Microsoft's official site.
  3. The SimConnect installer is in the SDK installation folder, under 'core utilities kit' > 'SimConnect SDK' > 'lib'.
  4. Run the installer found there and follow the on-screen prompts.
  5. Again, it's a good idea to restart your computer after the installation.

After these steps, check your Saitek/Logitech panels again to see if they're functioning properly. Remember, the simulation world often requires a bit of tweaking, but the satisfaction when everything works smoothly is well worth it.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...