Flight Sim X with Saitek x52

Pro Member Trainee
denmanrooke Trainee

In the apparent absence of any profiles for this combination of FS X and the Saitek x52 flightstick and rudder, I'm trying, with considerable difficulty, to build one of my own.

However, at this stage I can't even seem to get the most basic things working - like trim for level flight or consistent climb/descent. I've allocated trim to the side wheel on the throttle, which gives a rather coarse control of sorts, but even when I take hands off everything and allow it to settle down, the elevator seems to continue to cycle up and down slightly, making the aircraft 'porpoise' in flight as it alternately climbs and descends about 500'. Anyone else experienced this or have any other advice on setting up this kit for this student pilot? (London is blanketed in thick fog this Xmas, so Sim Flight is my only option).

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
HardLight Trainee

Hi,

There is a profile available on the Saitek website for FS2004. It may be worthwhile using this as your starting point and 'Tweeking' it as necessary.

I find the 2004 profile fine.

Kind Regards and Happy Christmas!

Will

Pro Member Trainee
gheib1 Trainee

denmanrooke wrote:

In the apparent absence of any profiles for this combination of FS X and the Saitek x52 flightstick and rudder, I'm trying, with considerable difficulty, to build one of my own.

However, at this stage I can't even seem to get the most basic things working - like trim for level flight or consistent climb/descent. I've allocated trim to the side wheel on the throttle, which gives a rather coarse control of sorts, but even when I take hands off everything and allow it to settle down, the elevator seems to continue to cycle up and down slightly, making the aircraft 'porpoise' in flight as it alternately climbs and descends about 500'. Anyone else experienced this or have any other advice on setting up this kit for this student pilot? (London is blanketed in thick fog this Xmas, so Sim Flight is my only option).

Hey FYI with the slight movements on the ele trim setting...I have mine set on the slider on the throttle quadrant and expierence the same problem...simple fix just set the sensitivity down...I have notice the rudder acts up alittle as well, but I just made a zero read/ null zone in the middle of rudder system through the initial setup...keep in mind all the joysticks with default settings on FSX are extrememly sensative and should be turned down. Hope it helps ya alittle GL.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...