antonov 225

Pro Member Trainee
sandler52 Trainee

I recently got the Antonov 225 and it is great except I can't seem to find a runway long enough for it. My joystick is on order so that may have to do with not getting the plane off the ground. Any help?

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I believe that Edwards has the longest or one of the longest concrete runways in the world.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
mellon Trainee

[where did you get the Antonov 225 from

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Ryan F. Guest

are you sure it's the runway length? perhaps your elevator trim is improperly set 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

I can't seem to land a 747-400 at Princess Juliana but somehow I can land an A319 in an Airfield strip!! 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

AN-225 requires 11,500 feet for max wt. takeoff. There are 48 airports in the US and Canada that have runways that long. At lesser weights, the distance is reduced. 🙂

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An-225#Specifications_.28An-225.29

Last edited by CRJCapt on Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

I know in real life the AN225 can land and takeoff from Hannover airport in Northrn Germany because I watched a program on it. Hope the airport is re-created effectively in the fs world! 😂

Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

Use 1/2 flaps. Full power with brakes on-release brakes-once to speed-then pull back on yoke-climb rate is very low-gear up as soon as you lift off--good luck

Pro Member First Officer
violentviolet First Officer

lenin wrote:

I know in real life the AN225 can land and takeoff from Hannover airport in Northrn Germany because I watched a program on it. Hope the airport is re-created effectively in the fs world! 😂

I saw that too,if that is, you were talking about the programme on "Discovery Wings" 😎

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...