Setting the altimeter in a Boeing 777-300

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Hello everybody! I've been flying Boeings 777-300 and the ATC told me to set the altimeter to something, but I can't find the altimeter to set it.
Does anyone know where exactly the altimeter is in a Boeing 777-300?

Thank you

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

All depends on which panel you are using

Press "B" to auto set the altimeter

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

On the default panel, its the little knob on the bottom left corner of your backup altimeter, the backup is to the left of the trim wheel, right of the second EICAS.

if you cant find it....welll......

Pro Member Chief Captain

I found where the altimeter is, thank you.
I just have one more question: when the ATC tells me to set the altimeter to 2971 or whatever the number, can I press B and it automatically set the altimeter or not?

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Yes you can
Much quicker than DIY

Very handy if you use the weather update as you have to change it a fair few times
Tip.if ATC says you are 200 above/below your assigned level hit that B key so they dont cancel ATC services

Pro Member Chief Captain

Ok, thank you very much TTT.
I can't imagine all the things I learned here 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Yes you can...think very hard!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...