Radarman please help

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

I've just got fsx today for christmas and was just wondering if you could tell me what graphic card would let me runs fsx smottley with siome more detail than low thanks radarman

Cheers 😀

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
skypilot2 Trainee

I'll chime in here. It would seem that if you could afford it, nvidia 8800 is a choice for a lot of folks. Also depends a lot on what direction you plan to go with your PC after vista and direct x 10 comes out. SLI with direct 10 would be the best after Jan. 30th, but gonna be spendy. I'm running a 7950 nvidia super clocked 512ram and it runs pretty decent. Your gonna get a lot of different opinions. You should also try to get up to 2 gigs of ram if you don't already have it. Just my thoughts

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Skypilot is spot on.

Radar

axflyer Guest

That card sounds awesome (i read somewhere), but I saw that it will cost 850-900$!!!!!, is there a cheaper card that would be good to run FSX on?

thanks

Pro Member Trainee
skypilot2 Trainee

axflyer wrote:

That card sounds awesome (i read somewhere), but I saw that it will cost 850-900$!!!!!, is there a cheaper card that would be good to run FSX on?

thanks

I predict that nvidia will probably be coming out with a lot of different priced directX 10 cards after it's out for a while. That will probably also help the 8800 come down substantialy on price.
If you want a cheaper card for now to get by I am not sure what card to suggest. I know I was running a nvidia 7600 prior to the 7950 and it played the simulator OK. Maybe Radarman knows of some options. I'd give ebay a try right now. There will probably be a lot for sale after this Christmas season, "folks selling used ones cause santa upgraded em".

BTW, a 7950 runs around 275.00

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Can you handle a PCIe card?
I have two (Crossfire) ATi X1950 512mb cards, very good but not DX 10.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
skypilot2 Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

Can you handle a PCIe card?
I have two (Crossfire) ATi X1950 512mb cards, very good but not DX 10.

Radar

Yes. I am waiting to see what happens when 10 comes out. I may go sli 8800's or similar version if the prices come down...

Pro Member First Officer
lds_soldier First Officer

My computer runs FSX almost perfectly.

My graphics card:

GRAPHICS CARD $104.99
GeForce 7300 GTX 256MB 9
-Graphics Bus Technology: PCI Express
-Memory Interface: 128 bit
-Memory Bandwidth: 10.7 GB/s
-Fill Rate: 2.8 Billion pixels/sec
-Vertices/Second (millions): 350
-RAMDACs: 400 Mhz

My system:

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/20803/will-my-pc-run-fsx/

lds_soldier wrote:

I bought FSX Deluxe and now run almost everything at full. If you're looking to get a new system, try something like this.

Motherboard: ECS Motherboard GF6100
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Dual Core
RAM: 1024MB DDR2 800
Graphics Card: GeForce 7300 GTX 256MB
Hard Drive: 250GB SATA2 (also have a ROCK 300 GB external HD)
Monitor: 19" Envision HD Widescreen Digital
Case: JPAC 412 Black Steel
CD/DVD: Pioneer DVR-110 DBK 16X DVD/CD Burner
Keyboard: Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech MX-518 Gaming Mouse
Flight Controls: Saitek X52 Flight Control System
Pedals: Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Appx. Total Cost: $1300.00

This is a custom built system by a good friend, I can't guarantee that you could get the same price.

Happy Flying

Not the best by far, but it works for me...

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...