Computer recommendations

Pro Member Trainee
mark1234 Trainee

I am planning to purchase a new computer when the new Vista operating system is released on Jan 31/07.

Since I am more of a computer user than techie I would really appreciate some suggestions on what type of computer you think will give the best performance and graphics that Flight Simulator X has to offer. What components are most important; ie: ram, processor, graphics card - please provide specifics so I can ensure my new toy has the crucial components to get the best out of the new software.

Thanks!

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
azabro Trainee

Mark1234 wrote

I am planning to purchase a new computer when the new Vista operating system is released on Jan 31/07.

Since I am more of a computer user than techie I would really appreciate some suggestions on what type of computer you think will give the best performance and graphics that Flight Simulator X has to offer. What components are most important; ie: ram, processor, graphics card - please provide specifics so I can ensure my new toy has the crucial components to get the best out of the new software.

Thanks!

Hi,
I am no expert at this stuff either. 😂
I think that you have a plendid idea buying a new computer then.
In my opinion, you'll need:
RAM: 4GB
Processor: http://www.devhardware.com/c/a/Computer-Processors/Intel-Presler-955-Benchmarking-the-First-65nm-CPU/
Video Card: 🙄 Something like: GeForce 8800 GTS Video Card, PCI Express, 640MB GDDR3

Also, a website that can give you information about that graphics card is:
http://www.shop.com/op/~GeForce_8800_GTS_Video_Card,_PCI_Express,_640MB_GDDR3-prod-39021209-51742402?sourceid=3

Hope that helps a bit! Embarassed

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...