Another inquiry Re: Best Gaming Video Card

Pro Member Trainee
444Pilot Trainee

I am still in the process of "ressurecting" my Flight Sim set up after virtually 3 years of inactivity. I've successfully addressed the yoke/throttle/pedal/trim problems. However, I am running into some performance/ textures/ fps problems with the new gaming video card I've installed 😞 . It's a NVIDIA GeForce GT 720 4022MD card. I am trying to set up a system (FSX) that would allow me to max all the settings; and incorporate HiFi Tech - Active Sky Next, in addition to new Carenado, MilViz, Aerosoft, LatinVFR, JustFlight software.

I am correct in guessing my current card may have been OK for FSX a couple of years back 🙄 ... and I know the newer add-ons are placing more performance pressure on the flightsim gaming systems. Are there any new card recommendations for 2016, or are the recommendations for 2015 the same for 2016? Thank you for your kind assistance.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Take your pick as to price.
Tomshardware is a pretty good site for grading cards.
Scroll to the right when looking at the chart (bottom of page).

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-gpus,4380.html

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
444Pilot Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

Take your pick as to price.
Tomshardware is a pretty good site for grading cards.
Scroll to the right when looking at the chart (bottom of page).

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-gpus,4380.html

Radar

Thank you, RadarMan!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...