what do I do when I am asked to fly published departure?

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

is the published departure same as SID? Should I just go online and search for SID of this airport?

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer

Yeah published departures are SID's(Standard Instrument Departures).You will need to have the SID charts ready with you and you need to understand your SID properly...

Don Wood Guest

I don't know if it works in FS9 but in real life, when you file your flight plan you can state "No SID/STAR" in the comments section and then ATC will not assign a Standard Arrival or Departure". There is a risk in doing that because if the controllers are busy, they may either delay your IFR clearance or vector you all over creation before getting you on your planned route.

Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer

Don Wood wrote:

I don't know if it works in FS9 but in real life, when you file your flight plan you can state "No SID/STAR" in the comments section and then ATC will not assign a Standard Arrival or Departure". There is a risk in doing that because if the controllers are busy, they may either delay your IFR clearance or vector you all over creation before getting you on your planned route.

You can do this in Radar Contact v4.This is a realistic ATC program and this implements what you have said.You can ask for No Departure Procedures when filing your flight plan and starting radar contact...It's a good addon if you want a realistic ATC..Default ATC of MSFS 9 is very basic...

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...