Real Life - 767-300 Smoke in Cabin

Pro Member First Officer
Dan Young (dannyboy2005) First Officer

I just arrived back today from sunny Brazil after a 2 week holiday. I was squashed in a My Travel 767-300 plane for 10 hour flight from Salavdor (SBSV) -> Gatwick (EGKK). When we took off from Salavdor at about 8PM (Brazil Time)the pilot turned on the A/C just seconds after we left the runway, white smoke appeared from the middle of the airplane, inside of course, the smoke came from the A/C vents. I was wondering what it was. Is it condensation or maybe some insect repelant? May i suggest, NEVER fly with my travel, nor sit in a 767-300, a tin can for 10 hours. MT gave us 2 free drinks during the flight, 1 about 30 mins after take off with our meal (dinner) and the other was beakfast at about 7am GMT. They only came round with the drinks trolly twice, it was a discrase.

Thanks

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Jamie4590 Guest

I'm sure its something else but when you depressurise an area fast enough it leaves water vapour in the air which looks like a white mist.

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

I flew once happened to me its ogygen or something everyone noticed it yet the flight went smoothley

Pro Member First Officer
spitfiresrule First Officer

Its just condensation happens all the time. And yeah never fly with My travel I have heard lots of bad things about them 😕

Pro Member Trainee
Prozac919 Trainee

I doubt you deiced from where you were flying. However, I have seen this happen before when the deicing crews accidentally get some fluid in the engine intakes. The Learjet 35's I used to fly were notorious for this (used to brief the passengers not to be alarmed any time I deiced). Took about 5 minutes for the stuff to clear out.

Pro Member First Officer
Dan Young (dannyboy2005) First Officer

Thanks all.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...