What Computer do I need to run FSX @ full potential?

kcmeyers1992 Guest

Please reply to this ONLY if you can run fsx on your computer at full potential SMOOTHLY. If you can, please provide me with the most features you can that you have. Please provide what type of.....

Processor
Operating System
Memory
Hard Drive
Video Card
or anything else you think I should know.

Once again, please only give me these specs if you are currently running FSX at full potential SMOOTHLY.

Thanks for your help,
A Pro Air Traffic Controller Looking For a New PC.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
lds_soldier First Officer

lds_soldier wrote:

I bought FSX Deluxe and now run almost everything at full. If you're looking to get a new system, try something like this.

Motherboard: ECS GF6100
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Dual Core
RAM: 1024MB DDR2 800
Graphics Card: GeForce 7300 GTX 256MB
Hard Drive: 250GB SATA2 (also have a ROCK 300 GB external HD)
Monitor: 19" Envision HD Widescreen Digital
Case: JPAC 412 Black Steel
CD/DVD: Pioneer DVR-110 DBK 16X DVD/CD Burner

Keyboard: Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech MX-518 Gaming Mouse
Flight Controls: Saitek X52 Flight Control System
Pedals: Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Appx. Total Cost: $1300.00

This is a custom built system by a good friend, I can't guarantee that you could get the same price.

Happy Flying

I am afraid that might not be enough. I am running a C2D 3Ghz with a 8800gts and with EVERYTHING to max, i am only getting 30 on average over busy areas (80 over rural areas).

Pro Member First Officer

My processor is overclocked to 4.4Ghz.

Makes all the difference.

8 x 120mm fans and Heats Sinks (spelled right? can never get that right)

Processor is liquid cooled.

People tend to underestimate PC cooling, can make a huge difference.

Sorry I couldn't help you more.

X2 @ 4.4Ghz? I somehow doubt that... 😂

Pro Member First Officer

America is a free country.

Doubt all you like.

Pro Member First Officer
jetman35 First Officer

consider getting a new pc with Vista that way, you will get a system that will run FSX using DX10.

Pro Member Trainee
The_Finman Trainee

jetman35 wrote:

consider getting a new pc with Vista that way, you will get a system that will run FSX using DX10.

That's good advice right there.

From talking with the knuckleheads over at Microsoft, you really need DirectX 10 (as well as good hardware) to really experience the full potential of FSX...and the only way to get it is with Windows Vista. They said they have absolutely no plans whatsoever to release DirectX 10 for ANY previous version of Windows (XP, Millennium, 2000, 98, 95).

I've read that quite a few computer manufacturers are even including FSX installed on their new computer rmodels with Vista.

I have a real hard time believing anything from MS, but they say they plan on using DirectX 10 as a weapon, and FSX as one too.

guest 12 Guest

microsoft thinks everyone is rich and can go buy a brand new top of the line computer just to play a 40-70 dollar game

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...