ATI Radeon x1950

Pro Member Trainee
prepneck25 Trainee

I just purchased the Radeon 1950 crossfire for my new computer to run FSX. I have a AMD Dual Core 5000 processor with 2 gigs of memory. The video card is a pci-express 512 mB. Is there anything else I sould do or buy to run FSX to it's full potential, or anything I need to set on my video card to fun it to it's full potential? I thought about another gig of memory but would it make a difference?

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
omgttfs Trainee

A sound card if you currently use onboard sound. The Creative Audigy 4 is a nice mix of value and performance. It should improve the sound quality (d'ya think) but it will also free up your cpu a bit.
Obviously a joystick/yoke and then a nice set of speakers.
There's nothing quite like rumbling down the runway, full throttle, with a custom sound set and 300 watts of 7.1 shaking your brain.
I'm sure my neighbours disagree.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Use the latest drivers and keep that card cool!

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
jhausner Trainee

As a warning, trust me when I say even with your above mentioned machine, you will not be able to run FSX full out and expect it to be above 10fps everywhere. I'd suggest if you max every setting out, you avoid cities like Seattle, New York, Tokyo, Chicago, etc.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...