loading problem

vvalo 1988 Guest

i got fsx (deluxe) and it installed good and everything but when i click on the icon on the desktop it starts to boot fine and i agree to the terms and it goes through the senery loading bar and then when it says loading, it stops at 45% and my screen goes black and then i get a blue error message and windows xb restarts. can anyone help me?

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

vvalo 1988 wrote:

i got fsx (deluxe) and it installed good and everything but when i click on the icon on the desktop it starts to boot fine and i agree to the terms and it goes through the senery loading bar and then when it says loading, it stops at 45% and my screen goes black and then i get a blue error message and windows xb restarts. can anyone help me?

Make sure you have all the Windows updates, defrag and give us your system specs.

Radar

vvalo1988 Guest

amd athalon 64 3700+
1 gig RAM
abit av8 mobo
chaintach volariy 256mb graphics card
200 maxtor sata hard drive
sony dual layer dvd reader/writer

i was on the phone with microsoft for 2 hours and we could not figure out the problem... PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Follow these steps and don't use any add ons or patches.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888846

Don't forget to defrag.

Radar

vvalo1988 Guest

how do i defrag?

guest 12 Guest

its in system tools

vvalo1988 Guest

can u give me details on how to defrag and when?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

vvalo1988 wrote:

can u give me details on how to defrag and when?

Clck on it, choose a drive (C) and run it at least once a week.

Radar

vvalo1988 Guest

thanks for all the advice guys, but none if it is working. i am so fed up with this game. i might just go out and get fs 2004 and see how that works for me.

Pro Member Trainee
navyredman Trainee

vvalo 1988 wrote:

Have you installed and updated the FSX SDK? I was having a problem VERY similar as yours and when I did that it started working fine. Ever since I have been reatively problem free.

vvalo1988 Guest

no i dident. how do i do that?

Pro Member Trainee
navyredman Trainee

vvalo1988 wrote:

no i dident. how do i do that?

Open up disc 2 and there is a SDK install folder in there. Install it and then go to the official FSX web site and update it through their patch.

vvalo1988 Guest

i dont see any sdk files on the second disk and can u send me the link for that patch?

Pro Member Trainee
navyredman Trainee

vvalo1988 wrote:

i dont see any sdk files on the second disk and can u send me the link for that patch?

Dang, I'm sorry, I just checked and it's on the first disc.

Also it looks like you can't download the patch unless you can load the title screen of FSX. Then you just go to downloads and find the one that mentions the SDK.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...