RAM?

guest 12 Guest

hey guys i have a small prob. i want to know how to tell what kind of ram i have. Im not sure if its pc2700 or pc3200. is there a way i can find out with putting it in a computer because my pc is crashed out and i have to wait a couple of days for my new rig to arrive. thx very much

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

guest 12 wrote:

hey guys i have a small prob. i want to know how to tell what kind of ram i have. Im not sure if its pc2700 or pc3200. is there a way i can find out with putting it in a computer because my pc is crashed out and i have to wait a couple of days for my new rig to arrive. thx very much

Go to www.crucial.com and run the wizard.

Radar

guest 12 Guest

hey thanks for that website but say it was pc 2700 and the other stick of ram is pc3200 will it damage my computer when i boot it up to figure out what kind of ram it the other stick is?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

guest 12 wrote:

hey thanks for that website but say it was pc 2700 and the other stick of ram is pc3200 will it damage my computer when i boot it up to figure out what kind of ram it the other stick is?

No damage but the faster stick will slow down and work the same speed as the slower stick, that is if it's compatible. Which it probably is.

Radar

guest 12 Guest

and say it is slower. will the faster stick go back to normal after i take the slow one off?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

guest 12 wrote:

and say it is slower. will the faster stick go back to normal after i take the slow one off?

Yes, the slow can't go faster but the fast can go slower, again as long as the board supports them.

Radar

guest 12 Guest

ok thanks radarmani think i will register on these forums =D

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...