Help!-error message upon loading FS9

I stopped playing FS for about 2 months, then when I tried loading it up again, I got this message:

As I felt helpless, I decided to re-install FS9...and what do I get when I load the game?

The same error...
🙄

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Un-install FS9 and delete the FS folder from Program Files and also the Flight Simulator Files from your My Documents.Then clean up your registries.
If you haven't a registry cleaning tool you can do it by Hitting Start/Run ...in the blank type Regedit.In the opening window hit Edit/Find and in the blank write the word Flight.Delete anything it finds and hit Find Next till you get a message that no more matches could be found...Then Restart and Re-Install FS.

Maybe it helps you.

And something more....Do you have IE7 installed?

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Un-install FS9 and delete the FS folder from Program Files and also the Flight Simulator Files from your My Documents.Then clean up your registries.
If you haven't a registry cleaning tool you can do it by Hitting Start/Run ...in the blank type Regedit.In the opening window hit Edit/Find and in the blank write the word Flight.Delete anything it finds and hit Find Next till you get a message that no more matches could be found...Then Restart and Re-Install FS.

Maybe it helps you.

And something more....Do you have IE7 installed?

Also delete the hiddern files in the application folder as well.

Ok, I'll try what you guys said, but first, look what I found

It seems like he's getting the same error message...his solution seemed to be simply making the command line blank but I'm not sure what they mean by "command line".

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Ok, I'll try what you guys said, but first, look what I found:

It seems like he's getting the same error message...his solution seemed to be simply making the command line blank but I'm not sure what they mean by "command line".

He's talking about a command line in FSAutostart

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

And FSAutosart is a utility that helps you to disable some unnecessary programs that running on background and spend useful resources from your system.

Its a nice add-on which you can use after you fix your problem. 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...