Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Helicopter Rescue Mission

AnthonyG Guest

How on earth do you rescue the friend in the helicopter mission from Auckland?? I can rescue the man on the ship by hovering close to the yacht, but no matter how close I get to the 'friend', I cannot pick him up. Has anyone tried this or got any ideas??

Here's how close I can get, but I tried moving a bit further a way, and I've tried the entire mission twice, both having the same problem.

TG_Wolf Guest

Merry Xmas etc............. 🙂

I just finished the Rescue Mission. (probably luck). From the looks of your hovering, you should have picked him up. I hovered for maybe 5 seconds over him & he loaded. I don't know if I was any lower or not. Let me know how you make out.

AnthonyG Guest

How did you find him, in case that affects it?

I managed to find him pretty much in seconds from leaving the yacht both times! Did you fly around for a bit first? 😕

Nice to know it can be done, which means I'll keep trying!

TG_Wolf Guest

Hello. As soon as I P/U survivor from sailboat, he said his friend floated West. Headed West for less than a nm. Co-Pilot told me to "Maintain Hover", & he came aboard. After loading, the friend is unconsious & you take him to Hospital. Good Luck. 🙂

Regards;
Tim

AnthonyG Guest

Success!!

Third time lucky lol. All I can see that was different this time was when approaching the friend, I was at a higher altitude, and the co-pilot told be to begin my descent, then to hold my hover for a few seconds.

Then off to the hospital for a successful landing on the rooftop 😀

TG_Wolf Guest

Excellent!!! Good Job!!! How did you or, have you, tried the Denali Base Camp Charter? I had a heck of a time getting to altitude to reach "Med Camp". Finally after a few failed efforts.......I made it. Better late than never I guess, lol. Take care & will talk soon.

~S~

Tim

AnthonyG Guest

I've not tried that yet, but I certainly intend to!

After the helicopter rescue, I tried the B737-800 dual engine failure, and again, third time lucky but I made it! I was dead chuffed!

If you don't mind me asking, do you use/have an msn account? We could natter on there 😀

TG_Wolf Guest

MSN........."Windows Live Messenger"

cia_jungster2@msn.com