Helicopter Rescue Mission

AnthonyG Guest

How on earth do you rescue the friend in the helicopter mission from Auckland?? I can rescue the man on the ship by hovering close to the yacht, but no matter how close I get to the 'friend', I cannot pick him up. Has anyone tried this or got any ideas??

Here's how close I can get, but I tried moving a bit further a way, and I've tried the entire mission twice, both having the same problem.

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
TG_Wolf Guest

Merry Xmas etc............. 🙂

I just finished the Rescue Mission. (probably luck). From the looks of your hovering, you should have picked him up. I hovered for maybe 5 seconds over him & he loaded. I don't know if I was any lower or not. Let me know how you make out.

AnthonyG Guest

How did you find him, in case that affects it?

I managed to find him pretty much in seconds from leaving the yacht both times! Did you fly around for a bit first? 😕

Nice to know it can be done, which means I'll keep trying!

TG_Wolf Guest

Hello. As soon as I P/U survivor from sailboat, he said his friend floated West. Headed West for less than a nm. Co-Pilot told me to "Maintain Hover", & he came aboard. After loading, the friend is unconsious & you take him to Hospital. Good Luck. 🙂

Regards;
Tim

AnthonyG Guest

Success!!

Third time lucky lol. All I can see that was different this time was when approaching the friend, I was at a higher altitude, and the co-pilot told be to begin my descent, then to hold my hover for a few seconds.

Then off to the hospital for a successful landing on the rooftop 😀

TG_Wolf Guest

Excellent!!! Good Job!!! How did you or, have you, tried the Denali Base Camp Charter? I had a heck of a time getting to altitude to reach "Med Camp". Finally after a few failed efforts.......I made it. Better late than never I guess, lol. Take care & will talk soon.

~S~

Tim

AnthonyG Guest

I've not tried that yet, but I certainly intend to!

After the helicopter rescue, I tried the B737-800 dual engine failure, and again, third time lucky but I made it! I was dead chuffed!

If you don't mind me asking, do you use/have an msn account? We could natter on there 😀

TG_Wolf Guest

MSN........."Windows Live Messenger"

cia_jungster2@msn.com

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...