Lol! Rod crashed into mountains during ascent/descent lesso

MikeyE Guest

Since I'm returning to flight simulator after having lost interest for a while (the last one I used was 2000) I was going through the lessons to brush up and see what I may have missed before.

During the climbing/ascending lesson I followed all the instructions precisely, made no turns (couldn't make turns actually, Rod controlled the bank). After leveling off from a descent Rod resumed control of the airplane and while he was talking flew directly into the mountains! The flight promptly ended because "I" crashed!

It's kind of funny but makes me a bit angry at the same time! I went to the exact altitudes instructed and did things in a timely manner. Anyone else have this happen?

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Edward D Dowling (bogeyman2) Trainee

I'm so sorry, unfortunately you are dead and can no longer play this game. I guess Microsoft will have to get a new instructor. Maybe his wife can help!!

Ed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Rod is only the planes autopilot, press Z and you have complete control.

Keltic Guest

I was also frustrated with this tutorial problem, then I found I could turn away from the mountains at the start of the lesson.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...