Upgrading soon, need suggestions

axflyer Guest

OK, soon I will be upgrading my RAM to 2gb and my video card to the NVIDIA 7600 GT+. And my computer will be getting a general cleanout (unwanted and unneeded files deleted etc). I was just asking, is this a good upgrade and is there anything else I should upgrade?

thanks

PS. My specs are as follows
2.52ghz pentium 4 proccesor
512mb RAM
Nvidia Geforce 4 mx440
120 GB hard drive

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

axflyer wrote:

OK, soon I will be upgrading my RAM to 2gb and my video card to the NVIDIA 7600 GT+. And my computer will be getting a general cleanout (unwanted and unneeded files deleted etc). I was just asking, is this a good upgrade and is there anything else I should upgrade?

thanks

PS. My specs are as follows
2.52ghz pentium 4 proccesor
512mb RAM
Nvidia Geforce 4 mx440
120 GB hard drive

Obviously your doing this in preparation for FSX and Vista, 2 gigs minimum and use some case fans, back hot air out, front cool air in. Defrag at least once a week.

Radar

axflyer Guest

Thanks Radarman. My friends works for an IT company (I forgot the name) and he said he could do all of that for a cheaper price, so I took the offer.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...