Upgrading from E6600 to E6700

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

I am in teh m,iddle of configuring a dell and it costs $250 to upgrade from a 6600 to a 6700. Is it really worth it or should I spend my money on an 8600 video card or adding 2gb of memory.

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest

might as well go to QX6800

Pro Member First Officer

That was not the question. I don't want a QX6800.

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Sure you do 🙂 Its probably more of an issue of AFFORDING a QX6800

You will not see a major difference from the E6600 to the E6700... I would keep the E6600 and put the $250 you saved into better memory, or video. It isnt that complicated when building a new system, just get the best that you can afford. IF you arent going with an 8 series card, get at least a 7800GTKO

Hmm. Probably going for 8600 GTS is better than getting more RAM and definitely better than upgrading from E6600 to E6700. You could always overclock the E6600 to 2.66GHz (or better) as on the E6700, but unfortunately Dell will not let you do it (I believe it is an XPS 410/Dimension 9200 in UK).

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

E6600 can over clock to 3.5ghz fairly easily.... 2.66ghz is barely touching an overclock.... in any case, when he was talking about doing this, the price of the 8600/8800 series hadnt dropped in price much, but now, I would suggect the 8600GTS

Pro Member First Officer

I never have nor will I ever Overclock.

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Thats a shame.

Pro Member First Officer

Isn't the risk of damaging it to high?

Pro Member First Officer
Greg West (BashDaBish) First Officer

There is minimal risk but I can fully understand your reasons why you wouldn't overclock. If you are unsure of what you are doing then I agree.....don't.

Pro Member First Officer

Ok, becasue I don't have a clue how to due it. Can anyone provide step by step instuctions on how to do it?

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

No one can provide you step by step instructions because every PC is different.

Pro Member First Officer

What do you do to you like change code, acctualy mess with the proccesor or what?

Pro Member Trainee
Ravie Trainee

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17612922

try that... a beginners guy to overclocking

Pro Member First Officer

That is way to confusing.

get this one

http://computershopper.com/shoptalk/2007/06/25/sneak_preview_intels_e6750_pro

Sneak Preview: Intel's Core 2 Duo E6750 Processor

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...