Real life aviation flight school question.

Hey, this might kinda be off the flight simulator x topic but,

I am looking into getting into real flight school, I'm not quite sure how old you have to be but, I was wondering if anyone really knew how they train you, how long, how old, and what kinda planes they start you on, etc. It'd be great!

Thanks.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Hey, this might kinda be off the flight simulator x topic but, I am looking into getting into real flight school, I'm not quite sure how old you have to be but, I was wondering if anyone really knew how they train you, how long, how old, and what kinda planes they start you on, etc. It'd be great! Thanks.

The Private Pilot Certificate requires 40 hours of training, a written exam and a check ride. The average time is around 60 hours to complete everything, the 40 hour min. was set back in the 1940's and doesn't reflect the modern pilots needs. Everyone learns at a different pace so it varies. Time wise, it depends how you train. People that can fly everyday or every other day may complete their training in 1.5-2 months. People that must go to work or school will probably take 4 months. Speed is not the important, good and safe training is the goal. In the US, you have to be 16 to solo and 17 to receive your Private Pilots certificate. If you start right at 16, you'll have a year before your check ride(extra money) so I wouldn't start sooner than 16 and a half. Most flight schools use the same basic aircraft. Cessna 150, 152, 172, Piper Archer, Warrior, Tomahawk. Some use the modern Katana. This is not a complete list just most of the standard aircraft. 🙂

Thank you, so much.

Much appreciated.

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

Your 100% right crjcaptain I am doing flying lessions althou I can'[t get my licsense till next year lol 😂

Pro Member First Officer
Tartanaviation First Officer

Just to be sure incase "GUEST" is from the UK. The JAR PPL course is a minimum of 45 hours. The same above applies for age with regards to solo flying and issue of the liscence. An additional aircraft to note is the Grob, it is quite a nice aircraft to learn in. It is not as forgiving with landings as the old C-152 which should make try even harder to gain good landings.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Tartanaviation wrote:

Just to be sure incase "GUEST" is from the UK. The JAR PPL course is a minimum of 45 hours. The same above applies for age with regards to solo flying and issue of the liscence. An additional aircraft to note is the Grob, it is quite a nice aircraft to learn in. It is not as forgiving with landings as the old C-152 which should make try even harder to gain good landings.

Just to add...

There are 7 written exams to complete if you are in the UK, a practical Radio Telephony exam, and the Skills Test - a bit more stringent than the US for some reason

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...