737-800 Ground handoff to General Avaition?

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (astrosteve) First Officer

Hello everyone -

I was flying last night from KCHS to KJAX, it's about a 40 minute flight. I was using an Orbit 737-800. I had a nice flight and it was really cool to be lined up with 3 other planes one after the other coming in on runway 25 from the Atlantic Ocean. When I landed the Tower asked me to clear the runway as soon as possible, which I did. I then was handed off to ground. Ground at KJAX asked to me taxi to general avaition???

WTF???? Why in the world would they ask a 737-800 to taxi to general avaition. I turned on progressive taxi and sure enough they wanted me with the Cessna's and KingAir's.

Hmmm...... should probably tell MS about this one. ❓

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

I don't know if this is just an issue with KJAX as I haven't tried it but I usually get a dialog asking me where I want to park - fuel, gen av, or gates. Is it possible you chose gen av without realizing???

astrosteve wrote:

Hello everyone -

WTF???? Why in the world would they ask a 737-800 to taxi to general avaition. I turned on progressive taxi and sure enough they wanted me with the Cessna's and KingAir's.

Very frustrating indeed but I just had to post this and say thank you for brightening up my day. The way you explained it was kinda funny and you made me laugh. Thanks. 😀 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...