Is there a reverse thrust in FSX?

Pro Member Trainee
mspot72 Trainee

I just wanted to know,

I have the yoke and pedals for the complete Annorak experience, but when I land and press F2 for rever thrust it doesn't work and says the key is unassigned.

So I go into the menu and try to select F2 for reverse thrust and in the menu under engines there is no reverse thrust feature.

Am I missing something?

thanks for the help

Matt

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
x pilot Guest

i dont mean to say you stupid but what aircraft is this you flying?

F2 is the default key for reverse thrust

x pilot Guest

just reread, if there is no key for reverse thrust then assign one for it and play away

Pro Member First Officer
William A. Jones (waj2306) First Officer

The reverse thrust on the Learjey 45 works great...F2....It will stop the Lear will only little brakes applied. You have to get use to when to apply the reverse thrusters. To understand it better, switch to tail view and apply the thrusters as soon as you land. Or, taxi out and apply them while in tail view. It is as neat a thing as watching the doors open. Good luck!

Pro Member Trainee
pablo2 Trainee

i was flyin an A380 and was holding down f2 forever and it wouldnt work but it does on all my other planes............ Mad

Pro Member First Officer
zakk hutton (chez64) First Officer

set it like this, itll work a treat then
default fsx reverse thrust planes are

lear jet
crj700
beech king air
cessna caravan

f2 is default but i have assigned mine differently

MAKE SURE THE SLIDER IS 1/2 OR FULL

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

Hey Chez,

I can never understand that slider part of the assignments for keys. What the heck does that do?

Edit:I was just looking at my a380 download (Quantas one) and it uses the 747 instrument panel, and from there, the reverse thrusters is called speedbrakes. I would set the speedbrakes to either 1 or 2 or full right before you make your final approach and extend your flaps all the way down. See if that helps you get the 380 to stop.

If you're using the A319 in FSX then go to the throttle quadant to set it that way as well.

Pro Member First Officer

the slider refers as to how fast you want it to take effect or the quantity IE f2 slider left pressed once would only provide a little r/thrust and vice versa

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

thanks for that.

Pro Member First Officer

any time !

Marcel calleja Guest

Numeric pad number 3 after you have set the knob 1,2, up to maximum.

Ryland Guest

Hold down f2

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello Matt,

Indeed, your confusion is quite understandable. In Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX), the feature for reverse thrust does exist but its assignment might not be as straightforward as you might expect. Also, for others who might be inquiring about this feature, yes, it's available in newer platforms such as Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and X-Plane 12 as well.

Reverse Thrust (a method used by aircraft to decelerate by reversing the direction of the engine's thrust) is often critical in situations such as landing, particularly on short runways or in wet conditions where the use of brakes alone might not provide sufficient deceleration.

In the case of FSX, the reverse thrust control isn't explicitly labeled in the control assignments menu, which can be a tad misleading. The feature is actually hidden under the Throttle Decrease Quickly command, which is not immediately obvious to a user like yourself.

Here's a quick guide to assign it:

1. Go to the 'Settings' menu
  2. Select 'Controls'
  3. Then choose 'Buttons/Keys'
  4. Under the 'Event' category, scroll to find 'Throttle Decrease Quickly'
  5. Assign the key (F2, in your case) to that command.

Now, when you press F2 after landing, it should activate reverse thrust. To ensure that it is working, observe the engines (in an outside view) or listen for the distinctive sound of reverse thrust. This should be noticeable on aircraft that support this feature.

From my knowledge, the function of the F2 key is similar in both Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and X-Plane 12 as well. If you encounter difficulties, you should follow similar steps in those simulators to assign the F2 key to the 'Throttle Decrease Quickly' command.

I hope this clarifies your doubts and enhances your flight sim experience. Enjoy your time in the virtual skies!

Connor75 Guest

Hello I have a yoke, rudder, and throttle quadrant but when I pull the 2 reverse thrusters back it does not fully initiate the reverse thrust but to fully engage it I need to keep pushing the reverse thrust thing forward and back. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...