FSX Reverse thrust

Pro Member Trainee
Tony (Laverda) Trainee

Anyone know if there's a way to get progrssive reverse thrust, or even full reverse on/off? From my joystick I can only get 1% increments each time reverse thrust is triggered.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hey there!

I understand that you're looking to have a more progressive reverse thrust control, rather than the default 1% increments in Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX). I've got some suggestions that may help you achieve a smoother and more precise control of reverse thrust using your joystick.

First off, you might want to consider using FSUIPC (Flight Simulator Universal Inter-Process Communication). This fantastic add-on allows you to create advanced joystick and button assignments, which can give you more granular control over the reverse thrust. You can find more information and download FSUIPC at http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html.

Once you have FSUIPC installed, follow these steps:

1. Open FSX and go to the Add-ons menu.
  2. Select FSUIPC to open its settings.
  3. Switch to the Buttons + Switches tab.
  4. Press the button on your joystick that you want to assign reverse thrust to.
  5. Check the Select for FS control checkbox and choose Throttle (decrease quickly) or Throttle1 (decrease quickly) from the drop-down menu (depending on whether you want to control both engines or just one).
  6. Adjust the Parameter value for the desired reverse thrust range.

Please note that these settings may require some trial and error to achieve the desired level of control, so don't hesitate to experiment with different parameter values.

Alternatively, if you're using an advanced joystick, such as the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek X-52, or Logitech G940, their respective software suites allow you to create custom profiles and tweak button assignments. You can take advantage of this to assign a specific axis to control reverse thrust more smoothly. Check the manufacturer's website and forums for tutorials and guidance on how to do this for your specific joystick model.

In conclusion, using FSUIPC or your joystick's software suite should enable you to gain more precise control over reverse thrust in FSX. I hope this helps you enhance your flying experience. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask.

Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...