FSX and FS2004

Pro Member First Officer
William A. Jones (waj2306) First Officer

Having used ONLY FSX, a question hit me that I'm sure can be answered here!

If I install BOTH on my system, will there be any conflicks within the programing that would harm the programs or my rig?

I have 94% free on a 120 MB HHD.

Reading through ALL the hits in the Forum, I get the impression that FS2004 has evolved into a great Sim! What difference would I see between my FSX running at 35-40 percent due to system constraints, and FS2004?

If yalss answer is positive, I'm off to CompUsa. They have the FS2004 for $17.99 USD.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

waj2306 wrote:

Having used ONLY FSX, a question hit me that I'm sure can be answered here!

If I install BOTH on my system, will there be any conflicks within the programing that would harm the programs or my rig?

I have 94% free on a 120 MB HHD.

Reading through ALL the hits in the Forum, I get the impression that FS2004 has evolved into a great Sim! What difference would I see between my FSX running at 35-40 percent due to system constraints, and FS2004?

If yalss answer is positive, I'm off to CompUsa. They have the FS2004 for $17.99 USD.

Wise decision waj2306. There will be no conflict of any kind.

I have both sims installed but I'm hardly ever loading FSX at this stage let alone start flying due to the inadequacy of my PC and the lack of available add-ons for FSX, both payware and freeware.

You might ask why I keep FSX installed if I can't run it properly? It lets me rummage in the files which I just enjoy doing.

I'm just musing now... If I had a state-of-the-art system presently, I'd probably still have fs9 installed and would use it more often than FSX, purely because of the myriad of add-ons available for that sim -- I think I already said that. 🤔

I've been meaning to suggest to others for a long time to buy a (now very cheap) copy of fs9 and run that as well, most HDD are big enough anyway.
What's held me back until now is the awareness that possibly the majority of young FSX owners were given the game as a present and can't afford to buy fs9. Not to mention the fact that fs9 has no Elephants and other eyecandy.

What difference would I see between my FSX running at 35-40 percent

Not sure what you mean here, but if you're worried about framerates, you can put your mind at rest. As both Sims are completely independent of each other, you'll most likely get even better framerates when running fs9 compared to FSX.

My recommendation: Go for it!

You won't regret it 😀

Pro Member First Officer
William A. Jones (waj2306) First Officer

Tailhook...your a peach! I have really come to love/crave the Flight Simulation play over the past month! I too find myself rummaging through the files and finding things to play with in FSX.

DONE DEAL!!!!!

Thanks for the FAST response!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

It just won't do to keep the 'King of Prussia' waiting Nope

🍻

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...