Problem with CRJ-200

Pro Member First Officer
Odyssey First Officer

I have downloaded two different CRJ-200s and both give me a problem.

When I fill the tanks up to nearly half way there it becomes too heavy to fit all passengers on the plane meaning most of my flights have to be very short. Can this be altered in the config file?

I'm using FSP by-the-way!

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

Ignore it or don't carry people, there is really no point.

Pro Member First Officer
Odyssey First Officer

I can only assume that from your post, you don't have FSP.
The whole "point" in FSP IS to carry passengers so therefore ignoring this fact would be pointless.

Pro Member Trainee
Austin (AirAustin) Trainee

Well, I had about the same problem with the default B773 on FSP. I tried to find out a way to fix that, but I just flew other planes and didn`t bother to fly it, and now I have FSX, so I don`t remember exactly everything about FSP, but I am pretty sure that there is a way to fix that; I think you have to go to Fuel and Payload, (forgive me if that`s not what it`s called, like I said, it`s been a while since I flew an FSP flight) not the one on the "Create-A-Flight" screen, but the one you can find under FSPassengers on the MSFS2004 area in the "All Programs" area on the "Start" menu. See if this helps...

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

The data on the CRJ200 seems close, here is some examples using a real CRJ200LR. Some differences in Basic Operating Weight(BOW), passenger(PAX) weight may occur. CRJ200LR has 2000 lb increase Max Takeoff Weight(MTOW) above CRJ200ER.

CRJ200LR
BOW 31118 lbs.
Each PAX WT 189 lbs.
Maximum Zero Fuel Weight(MZFW) 44000 Lbs.
Max Fuel 14518 Lbs.
Max baggage 3500 lbs.
MTOW 53000 lbs.

Full fuel
Limited to 38 PAX, no bags

50 PAX, no bags
Fuel limited to 12432 lbs.(85.6%)

1/2 fuel, 50 PAX, Max baggage
1673 lbs. to spare

Average CRJ200 flights are about 700 nm.

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Odyssey wrote:

I have downloaded two different CRJ-200s and both give me a problem.

When I fill the tanks up to nearly half way there it becomes too heavy to fit all passengers on the plane meaning most of my flights have to be very short. Can this be altered in the config file?

I'm using FSP by-the-way!

Did you know that you can actually change the fuel consumption rate at cruise? It's in the aircraft.cfg in the General Engine Data. Just look for the fuel flow scalar and change it to a lower number. Also, you can change the max fuel capacity too but you need to watch out where the center of gravity is or the plane will become unusable. That's my advice! 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...