Want NO default flight in FSX

clipper486 Guest

... while waiting for my flyawaysimulation activation....

Every time I start FSX, it loads the default scenery etc from the default flight and puts me on that runway (I choose KDTW as y home airport). What I want when I start FSX is NOT to load any default flight and put me on the screen to create a new flight. How can I do this?

Signed
Patiently waiting for my site activation!

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
clipper486 Trainee

FYI - I got my activation!! I'm a real person now!!!

😂

Pro Member First Officer
GoodisonBlue First Officer

clipper486 wrote:

😂

Welcome to the site 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

clipper486

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

clipper486 wrote:

😂

👏 I guess there will be lots of questions..... we all are here to help! 😎

And welcome to the site. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

clipper486 wrote:

... while waiting for my flyawaysimulation activation....

Every time I start FSX, it loads the default scenery etc from the default flight and puts me on that runway (I choose KDTW as y home airport). What I want when I start FSX is NOT to load any default flight and put me on the screen to create a new flight. How can I do this?

Signed
Patiently waiting for my site activation!

On your 'Free Flight' screen change your Current Location.

...and welcome from me too 🍻

Pro Member Trainee
clipper486 Trainee

I understand about the current location. What I want is when I start FSX, once it's done loading (zzzzz) I want to be at the free flight screen to pick where and what to do. I believe FSX is wasting my valuable time loading the scenery and putting me on a runway when I will just end up ending that flight and going back to the free flight screen anyway.

Any suggestions appreciated.

... and thatnks for the warm welcomes!!!!

Clipper486

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I can't figure out what the problem is. By default my FSX opens with the splash screen and hangs there until it's done loading. The next screen I see is Free Flight.
For me it's the best option because I decide where to go to and which aircraft etc. to use.

I'm surprised FSX takes you to an airport at start up. Possibly you saved a previous flight and made it your default flight without being aware of it.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...