SearchSearch 

Textures Problem

Pro Member Trainee
Craig (Sno0ze) Trainee

Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting British Airways textures for the B737 to work right on fsx. I actually downloaded them from flyaway. Link - https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1400/fsx-british-airways-boeing-737-800-textures/

I did what the instructions said, I copied the texture.1 file, renamed it to texture.BA, added in the b737_800_1_T.dds file into the texture.BA file, edited the aircraft.cfg in the main b737 folder in fsx for the description etc. I did this all when FSX wasn't running. So I thought I had done everything correctly but when I start FSX up I get this message.

There are multiple objects with the the same title name. They must have unique title names.

Boeing 737-800
SimObjects/Airplanes/B737_800

By the way incase your wondering the two "the" in that error message is not my bad typing thats verbatem of the error message.

5 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Follow this.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Craig (Sno0ze) Trainee

Thanks Radarman, I read through it all, but from what I've read I've done everything the way it should be done. I still can't figure out whats wrong here.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Sno0ze wrote:

Thanks Radarman, I read through it all, but from what I've read I've done everything the way it should be done. I still can't figure out whats wrong here.

Try adding a 2 after the texture folder and a 2 in the cfg not a 1.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Craig (Sno0ze) Trainee

Hi again, it wasn't texture location, I finally found out what it was. The default text that the creator of the textures made to add into the aircraft cfg, had for the title just Boeing 737-800. Must have been on a diff flightsim.3 or whatever so all I had to do was change it to Boeing 737-800 BA and it works now.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Sno0ze wrote:

Hi again, it wasn't texture location, I finally found out what it was. The default text that the creator of the textures made to add into the aircraft cfg, had for the title just Boeing 737-800. Must have been on a diff flightsim.3 or whatever so all I had to do was change it to Boeing 737-800 BA and it works now.

Good reason, enjoy it.

Radar