Textures Problem

Pro Member Trainee
Craig (Sno0ze) Trainee

Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting British Airways textures for the B737 to work right on fsx. I actually downloaded them from flyaway. Link - https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1400/fsx-british-airways-boeing-737-800-textures/

I did what the instructions said, I copied the texture.1 file, renamed it to texture.BA, added in the b737_800_1_T.dds file into the texture.BA file, edited the aircraft.cfg in the main b737 folder in fsx for the description etc. I did this all when FSX wasn't running. So I thought I had done everything correctly but when I start FSX up I get this message.

There are multiple objects with the the same title name. They must have unique title names.

Boeing 737-800
SimObjects/Airplanes/B737_800

By the way incase your wondering the two "the" in that error message is not my bad typing thats verbatem of the error message.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Follow this.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Craig (Sno0ze) Trainee

Thanks Radarman, I read through it all, but from what I've read I've done everything the way it should be done. I still can't figure out whats wrong here.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Sno0ze wrote:

Thanks Radarman, I read through it all, but from what I've read I've done everything the way it should be done. I still can't figure out whats wrong here.

Try adding a 2 after the texture folder and a 2 in the cfg not a 1.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Craig (Sno0ze) Trainee

Hi again, it wasn't texture location, I finally found out what it was. The default text that the creator of the textures made to add into the aircraft cfg, had for the title just Boeing 737-800. Must have been on a diff flightsim.3 or whatever so all I had to do was change it to Boeing 737-800 BA and it works now.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Sno0ze wrote:

Hi again, it wasn't texture location, I finally found out what it was. The default text that the creator of the textures made to add into the aircraft cfg, had for the title just Boeing 737-800. Must have been on a diff flightsim.3 or whatever so all I had to do was change it to Boeing 737-800 BA and it works now.

Good reason, enjoy it.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...