I'm Blone, but I have not found one of the nice new 777s....

Pro Member Trainee
MattJSr Trainee

Can anyone point me to one (must read subject line first)? I mean, for such an impressive and awe inspiring piece of machinery...why isn't this one of the most prevalant?
I see the posts of someone wanting to make a concorde (which I'm ALL for), but have yet to see a 777.
My most favorite of flights, is to commandeer a "White" 747-400...use airline callsign of "Airforce (from the SR71 addon) and have the flight number as 1..too bad someone hasn't come up with a "paint job" to fly this "psuedo" White House in the Sky....it's always nice to be greeted at Ramstein Airbase after taking off from Andrews...just down the street from me...

?????? Come on old guys...I know you guys have something up your sleeves.

Oh yes, one more thing....they guy who made the Chinook, or wants to...Thumbs up...I still see them daily flying over Bethesda Naval Hospital...

Cheers All!

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Man, that 777 is beautiful!! Howver I cannot justify spending $40 on a single aircraft... maybe some day, but right now, I just cant bring myself to do it.

Pro Member Trainee
MattJSr Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

I read the topic title what's a "Blone"???

http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=1142

http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=1123

http://www.pcaviator.com/shop/viewAProduct.php?pid=518

Radar

Love the nice quote there. As I was "attempting" to say...I'm Blonde. As such, *use a soviet cosmonaut accent here* "American space craft, russian space, all da same...PARTS MADE IN TAIWAN"...nice quote from Armaggedon.

Thank you for pointing out one we have to pay for. My girl is getting a "bit" annoyed (She's a nag, what can I say) with the money I'm spending to "reconstruct my entire office to be the ultimate, FS sound room "media center" found, outside of a game creation zone. I have put up acoustical cones to take up 99.97% of the auxillary noise. I have installed some of the greatest Bose speakers *monster cabled of course", and a smoking lamp *only a recognition some old timers would hook up with*. My cockpit chair was taken out of a demo'd A-10. I have taken out all but the kitchen sink (ok, so it was a wet bar....no shooting the "blone") out to make room in my basement "now considered, THE DUNGEON". The only thing missing is "a flame thrower for any after burners lit". I have spot lights computerized to sink with some ( you have no idea how difficult this part really is) of the frames in the game, depending on your "12 o'clock".

Anyone interested in sitting into this chair "fully equipped, I might add, with a 5 point restaining harness...no, no jettison through the canopy, yet...but the idea is working on me...If I could only get my girl to allow me to install a hydraulic elevator...who knows.

Anyhow, thank you for putting out yet more money for me to spend...she's gonna love this.

By the by...whomever was the bloke who came up with the skin for the 747-200 Air Force One...I salute you! It is a bit quirky in working wth plotted waypoints and such, but even if I was to head to Oceana Naval Station with it, if I was to wind up in Anchorage, no harm done...it's still a nice flight, especially when contacting "approach"..."This is Air Force One, line up with Runway 7L, copy"...wow! God Speed, and keep it off the ground!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I had a feeling the word was supposed to be blonde but someone here is waiting to pounce if I make an error.

Your "setup" sounds like your enjoying life and that's what it's all about.
If you can take a few pictures when your further along and show us what you have.
Meanwhile here are a few 777's but not exactly what you are looking for.
Maybe a repaint for one is in your future.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=777&CatID=fsx&Go=Search

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
MattJSr Trainee

Thank you kindly for the link. One I did not know about and have since joined. Somone just uploaded the full zip, so hopefully it works.

I have too many typos of late and without my carpal tunnel surgery, they will no doubt remain. My right hand is about 80% loss of feeling and my left is a huge difference of approx. 10-15% loss. Unfortunately, I'm right handed and as such find it harder to write long documents, which means my job. As a computer geek, writing documentation is a must, which has put me out of work for the time being. The nerve blocks haven't helped, so I'm down to "must have" surgery...not the best outlook to say the least.

I know the blond thing does come in handy at times, but now isn't one of them. I'll send pics when (if I can get back to work, to pay for my little toys) I can get it finished...the room took a LOT of major $$$, of which the little lady isn't happy about, but if I didn't give her something to complain about, how would I be able to tell when we're getting along? LMAO.

Ciao.
No longer YAFN, but now MJ

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

MattJSr wrote:

Thank you kindly for the link. One I did not know about and have since joined. Somone just uploaded the full zip, so hopefully it works.

I have too many typos of late and without my carpal tunnel surgery, they will no doubt remain. My right hand is about 80% loss of feeling and my left is a huge difference of approx. 10-15% loss. Unfortunately, I'm right handed and as such find it harder to write long documents, which means my job. As a computer geek, writing documentation is a must, which has put me out of work for the time being. The nerve blocks haven't helped, so I'm down to "must have" surgery...not the best outlook to say the least.

I know the blond thing does come in handy at times, but now isn't one of them. I'll send pics when (if I can get back to work, to pay for my little toys) I can get it finished...the room took a LOT of major $$$, of which the little lady isn't happy about, but if I didn't give her something to complain about, how would I be able to tell when we're getting along? LMAO.

Ciao.
No longer YAFN, but now MJ

Too bad about your hand that can be frustrating.

Look at http://www.nuance.com/naturallyspeaking/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
MattJSr Trainee

Thanks Radar.
Dragon has been around awhile...through 9 versions they've come a long way, but still have leaps to go.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for the true voice recognition machine. Although I attended school in the north, I am born and raised in Virginia, as a gentleman (Whoa, who said that????). True, voice recognition can be useful, if you take the copious amounts of time to make the machine learn your speech pattern. Too often, most people have variances in their voices for the same syllables and words for that matter. With this being said, I do appreciate the link, I have been watching this arena for some time now.

As a young 36 year old buck, I am considered ederly by my neurologist when speaking of the nerves in my hands. He said, your advanced necrosis in the nerve endings only will get worse, but the surgery should lighten the load considerably. With this to look forward to, I am more than prepared for a lengthy "time off", should it be necessary. Even if my girl does give me grief, it's a 2 prong assault she uses. The virtual flying you do is only aggravating your situation, she claims. This might be true, but what the hell. If you choose to sit back and let life dictate to you....so be it. I on the other hand, choose to dictate to life. This would be why my nerve endings are so bad...riding hard tailed bikes (800lb. vibrators), power tools, all the likes of the blue collared man, of which I get along with swimmingly!

I'm far too short to make the cutoff (no pun intended...yes it is), to be one of the true pilots out there...otherwise, I wouldn't be typing this, but pulling back on a yoke or even better the stick of a nice supersonic aircraft...maybe taking pictures of Iran and their nuclear capabilities, from 70,000 ft....yeah, that sounds fun.

To all of you who have and still are flying, enjoy your time up their. We weren't meant to be there...remember that. GOD is giving us a gift, use it wisely and remember everything you see, no matter how far fetched it may seem at the time....take it with you....no one else has or will be there at that moment in time.

Adieu,
MJ

P.S. GO BLUE DAG NABBIT!

By the way, the number of U of Mich Alumni to reach astronaut status, is 8. Apollo 15 was a 3 man crew, entirely made up of U of Mich Aerospace Engineers. 3 items were left on the moon from that mission (the first to have a rover by the way), 1: Miniature UofMich Flag, 2: Department of Aerospace Engineering seal and finally 3, a charter of the UofM Alumni club.
DAVID R. SCOTT, ’49-’50, was an astronaut. Commander Apollo 15

KARL HENIZE, PhD’54, was an astronaut.

JAMES B. IRWIN, MS’57, HSCD’71, was an astronaut. Lunar module pilot Apollo 15

JACK R. LOUSMA,’59, HSCD’73, was an astronaut.

JAMES A. MCDIVITT,’59, HSCD’65, was an astronaut.

EDWARD H. WHITE, MS’59, HSCD’71, made the first US space walk.

THEODORE FREEMAN, MS’60, was an astronaut.

ALFRED WORDON, MSE’63, HSCD’71, was an astronaut. Command module pilot Apollo 15

Pro Member Trainee
MattJSr Trainee

Ed, White, was also one of those who died in the Apollo lauch pad disaster.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I know that it's been around a long time.
I was waiting for them to 'develop" one and this was one of the first back when.

It looks as if it might be good as along as they are willing to back it up with a full warranty.
Of course this can't overcome the problems with your hands but it would give them a much needed rest for use in other ways with the sim.
Giving up flying would be hard to do but if you approach it sensibly you should do well.

The best to you.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

The wilco boeing 777 looks awesome but when I installed it I could never get it working and would always crash to desktop whenever I hit fly now. So I installed this other 777 that I got from the fspilotshop links I think radar man posted just earlier and I could never get it in the air lol. I think I will pass on the 777 for now.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...