Radarman question

Pro Member First Officer
jetman35 First Officer

Radarman,

Since you have a new PC now. Are you using Vista yet? What type of video card are you using?

JM

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

This sort of message would be suitable and approproiate through PM.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

jetman35 wrote:

Radarman,

Since you have a new PC now. Are you using Vista yet? What type of video card are you using?

JM

Vista Premium is coming, they (MS) lost my order (free).
I have 2 ATi X1950 512mb cards in crossfire.

Yes this should be in a PM Embarassed next time.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

RadarMan wrote:

jetman35 wrote:

Radarman,

JM

Radar

Get ready to scratch your head..... if you are running dual monitors, the Aero program will shut one down if your cards aren't up to speed! I was in a fix: it was like running in SLi mode and I have grown accustomed to using two screens! As soon as I switched to the 8800 GTS, I got both screens back and still was running the Aero program.

You are gonna love Vista........ 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

GundamWZero wrote:

RadarMan wrote:

jetman35 wrote:

Radarman,

JM

Radar

Get ready to scratch your head..... if you are running dual monitors, the Aero program will shut one down if your cards aren't up to speed! I was in a fix: it was like running in SLi mode and I have grown accustomed to using two screens! As soon as I switched to the 8800 GTS, I got both screens back and still was running the Aero program.

You are gonna love Vista........ 😎

😀 Can't win for losing!

No I don't have 2 monitors, maybe sometime. I'd like one for my GPS but for now my 24" widescreen accomodates both...sort of.

Radar

Pro Member Captain

Oh you gotta get another monitor, even if it is a CRT one!! Once you start running dual screens, you are hooked!!!

Vista is a great program....didn't mean it to be negative. I had some small issues with it earlier, due to my system being slightly inadaquate for Vista. But once those were addressed, Vista was awesome!

Like I mentioned a while back, make sure you have all the drivers before installing your periphials after you install Vista. All your computer gear will still work after you install the new OS.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I have a 22' CRT (19½ viewable) but it's much to big for the desk.
I'll need a smaller LCD for a shelf above this one.

Radar

Pro Member Captain

Wow!! 😳 I thought that you would have at least an LCD monitor, considering that you built the rig of yours.....I guess that'd what I get for assuming....

LCD monitors are rather cheap these days (17" monitors run around 300 bucks) I am looking for a monitor that is also a HDTV: with DVI ports for my computer, roughly a 22" monitor.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

GundamWZero wrote:

Wow!! 😳 I thought that you would have at least an LCD monitor, considering that you built the rig of yours.....I guess that'd what I get for assuming....

LCD monitors are rather cheap these days (17" monitors run around 300 bucks) I am looking for a monitor that is also a HDTV: with DVI ports for my computer, roughly a 22" monitor.

My main monitor is a 24" LCD widescreen, my old monitor (sitting behind me) is the CRT 22".

I had to have a LCD. 🙄
I saw an Mac 30" in a store a week or so ago ($1999.95) with a white bezel and it was massive, that's my next if not larger.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...