Mid air collision

Pro Member Trainee
sinebar Trainee

Anybody ever have a mid air collision? I caught up with Boeing 747 in my Eurofighter and got a little to close. I was able to match it's speed as I caught up and fly along side. 😎

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

I remember once in FS2004, while approaching LAX from the east, ATC guided me right into a head on collision with another aircraft heading east on the same flight level. I couldnt believe it... no traffic alert, etc...

Ive also had ATC fly me into a mountain...

Pro Member Trainee
sinebar Trainee

JLangevin wrote:

I remember once in FS2004, while approaching LAX from the east, ATC guided me right into a head on collision with another aircraft heading east on the same flight level. I couldnt believe it... no traffic alert, etc...

Ive also had ATC fly me into a mountain...

That was probably just some realizm added in by MS. He he he!

it happens in one of the tutorial missions. If you missed a turn as instructed, somehow FSX did not realized you missed the turn and continues with its instruction, and you ended up in a mountain.

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

What you dont realize is that the turn is what PUT me in the mountain... here is the situation, if you are familiar with Los Angeles Area..

I was flying into LAX from the east (actual pattern), and at 3,000ft missed the localizer and initiated a go-around since I wanted to practice simulated ILS... Well, tower brought me through the airspace between the parallels and handed me off to Approach... Approach then had me turn north and maintain 3,000. After a few min then had me turn right to 075. This pointed me RIGHT at the Angeles National Forrest!

I decided to ride it out to see what would happen... they had me make another turn to my downwind and thats when it slammed me right into the mountains whcih are roughly 4500ft.

I am an aviator, and have been now for 10 yrs. I do not miss my turns or vectors, and even if I HAD (I am human) there was no confirmation of receipt of the tranmission.

Its a simulator... there arent real people watching you, which is why I love the new multiplayer function. I spend all my time in the FS-MP.com server under the Callsign - N395S (Tail number of my grandfathers aircraft)

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...