Having Problems with FS2004

Pro Member Trainee
stevie5150 Trainee

I picked up FS2004 the other night after reading how much better the performance was than FSX. When I first ran it, the aircraft preview panel was blacked out. I opened up in safe mode, set my settings a little lower. It began showing the planes. When I ran it, I tried to bump up the setting a little and everything was going good. I was getting good fps and then when I switched off of full screen, my video display went nuts. I have been running FSX with a few minor issues, but it doesn't do anything that I have been experiencing with FS9. I have a Dell Pentium 4 - 3.06 Ghz, 1 gig of ram, and a GeForce 5500 GPU. It's definatley nt a gaming computer, but I have had decent luck with FSX. Thanks!

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

stevie5150 wrote:

I picked up FS2004 the other night after reading how much better the performance was than FSX. When I first ran it, the aircraft preview panel was blacked out. I opened up in safe mode, set my settings a little lower. It began showing the planes. When I ran it, I tried to bump up the setting a little and everything was going good. I was getting good fps and then when I switched off of full screen, my video display went nuts. I have been running FSX with a few minor issues, but it doesn't do anything that I have been experiencing with FS9. I have a Dell Pentium 4 - 3.06 Ghz, 1 gig of ram, and a GeForce 5500 GPU. It's definatley nt a gaming computer, but I have had decent luck with FSX. Thanks!

Lower your AA setting in the cards control panel and update your video drivers.

If you are running Vista that's not enough memory.

Radar

Air-Head Guest

Thats certainly a decent enough spec!! On one of my computers I have FS2004 installed on, I am running 1.7Ghz, with only 256 RAM!! on XP, and the box standard Graphics card that came with it.....!!!

Even with addons, it works reasonably well. 3D clouds set quite high even, remarkable that it works and flows smoothly, with little juddering..

I think your issues there, are based on the drivers for your Graphics card.

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

lower your Anti Aliasing. That is usually what causes this. Lower it to 2x or 4x.

Jamie4590 Guest

Nvidia released new video drivers in November 06. I updated to them and although it didn't affect FS it caused texture problems on other software so I reverted back to my old drivers. I hate software that overwrites module files so I copied my old driver folders to a sperate disk first.

It comes with a very nice user interface though and even if you revert back to older drivers the control panel stays and makes it easier to tweak your NVIDIA card.

clutchem Guest

People i am going nuts....im getting headaches and pain...lol....everytime i try to load one of my saved flights an error comes up stating that fs9 has encountered an error and needs to close!!!.....any help please!!!!!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

What happens when you try to 'create a flight' instead of trying to load a 'saved flight'?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...