FS2004 displays black plane preview in full screen windows10

Natasha Guest

Hi, I apologise if this has been already answers but I am yet to find a solution for my problem.

I have fs2004 running on windows 10, it works perfectly except that when I am creating a flight the plane preview box in black and does not display the 3D plane as it did on my old XP computer.

I had to upgrade the computer as my old one started to crash.

The Computer is HP Omen with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti graphics card.

I have tried changing the resolution, the adjusting the Antialiasing setting to 4x
and Anisotropic settings to 8x, looked for the hardware accelerator settings (which the computer does not have), tried to change .cfg files which hasn't worked.

Alt+Enter takes it from full screen and you can see the plane but it is so tiny you can't read the words so I want to get around having to come out of full screen mode if I can.

I will be grateful for any help I can get as I have been searching for ages to find a solution.

Thanks

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Natasha Guest

See if this thread helps.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_desktop/fs2004-displaying-a-black-screen-in-full-screen/16551943-0756-49d3-90c2-9a90563758c0?auth=1

Thanks for your reply, I have seen this thread, unfortunately directX does not affect the game I am playing so I have not had any luck with it.

The black screen in only in the plane preview box not the whole game.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try right clicking on the launch icon and choose W7 as administrator.

Let us know if that helps.

Radar

anonamous Guest

press ctrl+enter. tried itjavascript:emoticon('❓')

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...