HELP!!! How to get southwest paint job?

flightsimer22 Guest

Where can i get a free download of a southwest paint job for a 737 on flight sim 2004. I would like it to be very easy to download no dragging to one folder and then doing all other sorts of things. if you know of a place where i can get it for free.

thank you

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

flightsimer22 wrote:

Where can i get a free download of a southwest paint job for a 737 on flight sim 2004. I would like it to be very easy to download no dragging to one folder and then doing all other sorts of things. if you know of a place where i can get it for free.

thank you

This one is really easy to install ➡

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2918/fs2004-southwest-airlines-boeing-737-700/

Don't forget to look at the Readme file... or even better - read it Idea

flightsimer22 Guest

thanks but i on'y got to the point where it said 4. save aircraft.cfg

5. To hear ATC call you "Southwest" you need update the default aitline.cfg. You can use A Century of Flight Airline Callsigns
( airline_list_2004.zip ) David Dossiere, or open airline.cfg in your fs2004/aicraft/ directory with notepad and add Southwest to the list.

I can't really figure out how to save the aircraft.cfg i can't find it so i can't save it. so PLEASE HELP AGAIN!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Assuming that you made a backup of the original aircraft, now go to the aircfraft folder you just installed (b737_400).
Open this folder and inside you'll find the aircraft.cfg make a backup! - now open it with Notepad 😉

flightsimer22 Guest

thank you! i do need help with a few other things? i need help in how do i re-paint a few other planes. i have glanced around at a few other forums, and i have heard that i need to download a program or something.

if i need to do so please tell me.

thank you!

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Check out "repaint??" in this forum Wombat457 gives you all the information there!

flightsimer22 Guest

i would do that but the thing is that i need to do a 737-400 boeing the one i that is in the fs 2004. and i am not sure where to get a picture of all sides of a southwest paint job.

thanks for your help but i might to try doing it my self. i am just not sure if i know where to get the material needed to get the paint job up and started.

I have tried to download a southwest paint job that included a american airlines and a few other airlines if i remember. the only problem with it is that i can't get the stupid thing to work! all i wanted to do is to just press download it and restart the computer and it would be right there on my flight simulator. if there is a thing like that and anyone has seen anything about it or any thing please HELP!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

flightsimer22 wrote:

thanks for your help but i might to try doing it my self. i am just not sure if i know where to get the material needed to get the paint job up and started.

..the only problem with it is that i can't get the stupid thing to work! all i wanted to do is to just press download it and restart the computer and it would be right there on my flight simulator.

Let me be brutally honest with you. But first let's look at the Readme file of ultimate_default_737.zip that I linked you to.

Make a copy of the old default 737 and place it in a safe folder, incase something happens. Then put the b737_400 file in your main aircraft folder. Enjoy!!!!

Kevin Nelson & Quinn Miller

If you have problems with these simple instructions, you'll have a helluva time repainting an aircraft.

How do others manage to install aircraft? How do others learn how to repaint?

It's all about READING Read

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

Excellent point Tailhook and well said.

For our repaint enthusiast I might suggest that you take a look at airliners.net where I am sure you can find most likely a hundred Southwest plane photo's

If you are not prepared to "mess around with stuff" like altering Cfg files to make Textures you download fit, then you are going to be in for a very hard time trying to learn to paint. And once you have painted, you still have to configure folders and files to make the paint work - even default planes.

My suggestion to you is this - have a look at a few Tutorials on re-painting and if you have any serious problems understanding them - then forget about painting, just ask someone else to do them for you.

Finally, you only talk about FS2004 default aircraft 😞 You are missing out on so many great planes and so few people will paint the defaults as they are such poor quality. Consider lashing out and downloading a POSKY plane or any other good model, although I would stay clear of PMDG as they are complex to fly.

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

Sorry guy's I forgot to mention one more thing - and WelshFlyer has already mentioned it anyway - thanks mate 🙂

If our friend here want to look at a simple and very straightforward Tutorial - go to my website at (dead link removed) and have a look in the RePaint Forum for "How to Paint a POSKY 737 .....

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...