SearchSearch 

starting with engines off

andymil Guest

hi guys

my aircraft always seems to start with the engines off. do u know where in the settings section the tick box is to untick start with cold dark cockpit. i knew where it was in fs2004 but cant find it on fsx

thanks

andy

1 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

andymil wrote:

hi guys

my aircraft always seems to start with the engines off. do u know where in the settings section the tick box is to untick start with cold dark cockpit. i knew where it was in fs2004 but cant find it on fsx

thanks

andy

Are you sure about that? I can't recall that in fs9 there was a tick box for that purpose. I just dug around in the fsx settings - no luck either.

Ok, two ways of doing it. Load a default a/c and pretend you're going flying - but don't. 😂
Now don't turn off the engine(s), Save Flight AND make it the Default flight when you're saving it.
Next time you load the sim, the a/c you select should have its engine(s) running.

Different method. Delete the 'Flight Simulator X Files' in 'My Documents' folder.
Only do this if there are no flights you want to save.
Next time you load the sim, it will rebuild that folder and the Default flight - which - has the engine running.