starting engines in FS9

MWB Guest

In FS9 when you click FLY NOW your plane is ready for take off, engines running. Is there a way to start at a gate, start the engines, do pushback then taxi to the runway?
Thanks,
MWB

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If I understand you, I believe it's shift+P+1 or 2, then when it's ready it will turn you in the direction you selected.
After it turns it will straighten out on it's own and you just hit shift+P to stop again.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 RadarMan is spot on with the push back.As for starting in a cold cockpit I have seen some d/loads for this but have not tried any.
You can always set up your aircraft at the gate and shut everything down then save the flight, then next time you load it everything is off and ready for start up

Hope it helps

Pro Member Trainee
Jim Glockner (jimmyglockner) Trainee

I do exactly as Tomthe tank has said. I set myself up at a parking area and shut eveything down. I then save the flight. The next time I want to fly from that airport, I select that flight from my saved flights.

You are all so right. Shift + P starts the push back process and Shift + P again to stop it. That works for any aircraft.

Happy flying all.

JimmyGlockner

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

You can create a flight, move the plane to where you want it, shutdown the engine(s) etc, then save as your default flight.

I have done this, but there's a slight downside. When you create any new flights you can end up on the runway positioned for takeoff with a dead engine which needs starting, unless you specify using the options in the "Runway/Starting position" to start someplace other than "Active Runway".

MWB Guest

Thank you everyone for the replys. A cold cockpit start is what I meant, thanks Tomthetank. I'm still a newbie to all this. Now, how do you shut down the engines? I've looked through all the key board short cuts but cannot find anything.
Thanks again,
MWB

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

MWB wrote:

Thank you everyone for the replys. A cold cockpit start is what I meant, thanks Tomthetank. I'm still a newbie to all this. Now, how do you shut down the engines? I've looked through all the key board short cuts but cannot find anything.
Thanks again,
MWB

Umm... Never thought about that, F1 is the only thing that comes to mind, I'm certain there's a better way.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

There is a better way to have a cold cockpit. There is a patch on this website that does just that. The only problem is now if you want to create a flight that starts with your engines on, you have to turn them on, save the flight, and restart it later =). As far as starting at the gate, you can select that at the bottom of the "choose location" window, where it says active runway.

MWB Guest

F1 cuts the throttle, thanks for the tip Radarman. Thank you Originalgrunge,I did not notice all the choices under Start/Origin. I used Heathrow and there were many gates to start from.
Thanks,
MWB

Pro Member First Officer
Mason Gilliam (harleyman) First Officer

To shut down engines you need to shut off fuel,then pull up throttel quadrant and move throttles to off position..All planes are different,so you will have to discover how each one works,,but usually killibg the fuel and pulling back throttles does it......mason

MWB Guest

Harleyman,
Thanks. I played around with knobs and levers on different aircraft and managed to shut them down. To restart you hit CTRTL + E and they will start the process, although you will probably have to move some lever up to get them up to idle.
MWB

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

The checklists for each plane (except the 777 and 747) are very thorough on engine startup and shutdown. Just bring up the kneeboard and scroll through the procedures.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...