anti-aliasing and how to turn it on my laptop

dme43 Guest

hi,
ive got a sony viao VGN-N130G laptop, and was wondering how to turn on anti-aliasing. I've turned it on in fs, but it hasn't made a difference, therfore now allowing me to take good screenies. i got a 128mb graphics card and i have looked in the intel game driver thing from the control panel, and changed a few things, but still the same in fs.
is there a program to turn on anti-aliasing on your graphics card or something like that?
thanks
DME43

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Right click on the desktop, click on the ATi, go down the line of choices on the left adjusting each one in the Catalyst Control center.
Set AA as high as you can, AF to 16X and Mip-Map as high as you can.
Shut off AA in the sim, it's not good.

You should get some good graphics with that card in FS9, not as good as a 256mb but good enough.

Radar

dme43 Guest

sorry, im good with graphics cards but good with everything else.
can you give that in english plz? thanks
and what do u mean by ATI? i dont have that when I right click

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

dme43 wrote:

sorry, im good with graphics cards but good with everything else.
can you give that in english plz? thanks
and what do u mean by ATI? i dont have that when I right click

Control panel
Display properties
Settings tab
Advanced button
Catalyst control panel tab
ATi control panel button in center of that window
Wait until it opens, takes while
Now you have a list of settings on the left side, go down the list making changes where they are needed.

If you don't have this then delete the old drivers and download and install new drivers from the manufactures site for your particular card.
Download the new drivers before you delete the old ones.

Radar

DME43 Guest

but when I go to display properties, display tab, the intel graphics chip window thingy appears and everywhere i go there is not a catalyst control panel tab or button.
and i have updated my drivers also, and still nothing

Not in order Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you installed new drivers and control panel because it's for a notebook they may not have the panel that desktops have.
Too bad, that would be a big help.

I can't see anything that you can adjust that will make it better.
Laptops are not made for gaming unless you buy high end.

Possibly someone more familiar with laptop gaming will be able to help.

Radar

dme43 Guest

ok, thanks for your help anyway

anyone else?

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

The Vaio VGA N130G has a Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900. This means it should have an AA setting on it somewhere.

Maybe try pressing the 3d settings button. Also, you could look for newer drivers, or maybe a control panel of some kind.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...