Somebody should'a told me!

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

I play the game with all Flight model sliders to realistic, Aircraft stress causes damage, and Allow collisons with other aircraft. I KNOW the trees have a wide collison volume and I've bumped into some hangers!

I've been tiptoeing around the gas pumps for THREE (3) months because it's at the end of a tiring flight and before parking and saving. Just discovered the pumps are un-collidable.

Wonder if that will change after the service pack?

What else is un-collidable?

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Seeing that you're turning more and more into a daredevil oldsamer, don't you think it's time for you to fly a jet fighter where you'll always have the option to eject 😎

😀

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

Jets fly faster than I can think.

I also fly with Random Failures enabled. Once set down on busy Interstate 30 east of Dallas. The road traffic is also un-collidable. Was a hoot seeing 18 wheelers pass through my cub.

Seriously, is this the kind of glitch we should expect the service pack to "fix" next month?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

oldsamer wrote:

Jets fly faster than I can think.

Haha, that's the idea 😂 😂

Seriously, have you checked your :

Settings / Realism / Crashes and Damage

enable the following to entries:

Detect Crashes and Damage

Allow collisions with other aircraft.

See if that changes the outcome of your adventures 😎

It happenens to me to, I also have all the realism at high, still happens

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

Yeper, Tailhook

All set to detect Crashes and Damage.

I routinely crash an burn runin into things. Happens to those of us who can't see over the nose. So We remember the objects what won't hurt. The windsock pole is another you can mow over with impudency.

Pro Member First Officer
Jim (jellrod) First Officer

I was at Renton Field in Seattle and was taxiing to the active and a truck came straight at me....felt like a ghost as it drove straight thruogh.....

By in Seattle Guest

I landed at the Kona airport PHKO and taxied to parking. Just as I was about pull into a space a fuel truck came along and smaked right into me.
There was a big crash and yes I was sent back to my starting point. Boy was I mad. I should of called the police on that crazy driver. 😂

Pro Member First Officer

it must all depend on settings other than crash?

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

Jellrod
And how MS attributes graphic objects.

I understand why surface traffic is set to not collide. But I just ran through the gas pump at Rio Medina (XS80) TX and CRASHED into a little shrub not 2' tall on the edge of the runway!

Pro Member First Officer

Now THAT is one heck of a "traffic" pattern. LOL

Pro Member Trainee
scottman Trainee

To me it seems like there's a difference between 'generic' objects and 'placed' objects. Thankfully chain-link fences, which ate most of my radio control 'objects' don't eat airplanes. There's a force field around the space shuttles at the launch platforms of Cape Canaveral, Florida. I'm still trying to see how close I can get to the pilot's window.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...