Wierd "Black Boxes"

When I fly some mission big black bowes appear around some things. In Civil Air Patrol Mission it is around the downed plane, and in loopy larry, around the airport. The thing is once you get in the box, it is hollow and you see everything perfectly. Any1 know how to fix?

P.S.- I downloaded something off fsinsider supposed to fix something like this but did not work.

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Kohnen Guest

It's part of the mission... those boxes are supposed to be there. I think they're visual blocks to "hide" items of interest, although what they really do is draw your attention to them.

I know that the first one I saw was on the Amazon Trek mission. It reminded me of the power station strike in the Vietnam campaign on Janes' Combat Sim. 😎

Pro Member Trainee
bsmk89 Trainee

This is strange because when i installed flight sim on 1 computer the boxes were in the missions but since i installed it on my new more powerfull comp they are not there anymore. Maybe your computer needs more power. 😀

Thanks thats what I thought bsmk89

Kohnen Guest

Learn something new every day. 😎

If it's a symptom of a low-power machine, then I'm guilty there. I look forward to being able to run this on a better computer.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Did you patch it yet.

Top right.
http://www.fsinsider.com/Downloads/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Bob Suchowierski (Bob-Ski) Trainee

Kohnen wrote:

Learn something new every day. 😎

If it's a symptom of a low-power machine, then I'm guilty there. I look forward to being able to run this on a better computer.

A fast fix for that problem is to turn down your settings in the Settings - Display section. You get to them by using the Customize Tab on the Settings Screen. I would only turn down the Scenery, Weather and Traffic. Don’t forget save the changes after your done and load them B/4 you start. This should help with almost all the performance problems until you upgrade. Play around with them to get the best balance between performance and appearance.

You can also go to the link below and check out the performance of your machine.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/games/gameadvisor/default.mspx

Bob

I put all the settings to minimal but still have the promblem. I have the thing off fsinsider but still doesnt work. Crying or Very sad

I have a ATI Radion 7000 Series with a Asus A7V880 Motherboard and a AMD Sempron 2800+ processor

Any cheap sugestions for a better viedo card that is cheap, I'm only 14 and have little money
Thanks

Pro Member Trainee
Bob Suchowierski (Bob-Ski) Trainee

Anonymous wrote:

I put all the settings to minimal but still have the promblem. I have the thing off fsinsider but still doesnt work. Crying or Very sad

I have a ATI Radion 7000 Series with a Asus A7V880 Motherboard and a AMD Sempron 2800+ processor

Any cheap sugestions for a better viedo card that is cheap, I'm only 14 and have little money
Thanks

No I don't
Sorry You may ahve to get a summer job.

Bob
Whip

Yea I figured that bob-ski 🙄

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...