What the heck? Night textures all screwy!

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Ok, Im having some issues with my night textures, and it is really frustrating me. When I am in large cities like LA, San Fran, Oakland, Seattle, etc.. I dont get this problem, but when I try to fly in my home area (about 45mi due east of LA) I get the buildings with half night and half day textures.

The roofs of the buildings are the day textures, and the walls are dark... so what I get is a Disco looking Indiglo roof set on all my buildings in my area. Its making me angry since it certainly takes away ALL realism at that point.

Has anyone else had this problem? I am running a clean install of FSX with no addons or tweaks what so ever. I cant get a screenshot right now since I am at work, but if someone needs/wants to see one, request it and i will post it tonight when I return home.

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Give us your system specs.
Post a screenshot, that will help.
Also move out of Pomona! 😂

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

LOL. Im not in Pomona, Im in San Bernardino... thats worse 🙂 However, there is an over abundance of airports to hop around to 🙂

System Specs:
E6300 Core2Duo OC'd to 2.94ghz
2gig of PC4200 OC'd @ 633mhz
P5NSLI ASUS Board
Nvidia 7600GTKO OC'd @ 640mhz core / 1600mhz Memory
Creative X-FI Sound Card

The system is running FSX perfectly. Ive NEVER had any issues with it. Youve seen my screenshots and the amount of detail with high frame rates. I cant imagine my system being at fault if only some areas are having this texture issue.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

😂 Your right about the Inland Empire. I thought it was farther from LA proper, but what do we former Valley people know.

How about cleaning out the old drivers and loading new ones.
I hope you are running XP with 2 gigs, if Vista get another gig, See you later when you get home.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

I'm ready to get OUT of the IE... Ive been here for 23yrs.... moved here when I was 3...

As for the drivers, Ive had this problem from the day I installed FSX... Since then, I have had several officialy released drivers, and even a few custom drivers installed, and the problem persists... And I am running XP... I have no plans to go to Vista anytime soon.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try moving the slides down a little, you may be pushing your card too much.
Shadows, traffic, clouds and autogen eat up the resources.

I got out of the West Valley after the Northridge quake.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Wow, that was what... 1992 I think? In any case, its been quite a while...

I do not believe it to be my card since according to my utilities have LOTS of card rendering capabilities left in it... plus, its ONLY my home area that does it... all the other major cities and such are fine... Its driving me nuts to the point that I just do not fly here at night anymore.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

94, I don't know what else to try, or to think of.

Maybe another time, defrag at least once a week.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Do you have FSX? If so... go to L67 (Rialto Municipal, CA) and fly there at night and tell me if it does it for you too....

I defrag my computer on a very regular basis.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

JLangevin wrote:

Do you have FSX? If so... go to L67 (Rialto Municipal, CA) and fly there at night and tell me if it does it for you too....

I defrag my computer on a very regular basis.

Ok, I'll try it later food now Yes

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Fine, nice area to fly.
Quite a few airports. I still think your pushing your card, unless you are overheating and need to clean the fans and heatsink.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Actually, yours is doing it too.... lol

Notice how the roofs are glowing... I posted some screenshots in here, and apparently, they never showed, Ill do t again... No, Im not overheating, Im running the CPU at less than 33*c idle, and 38* load with Watercooling, the VGA is also watercooled and does not raie above 48* which is what most people IDLE at... but thanks for posting the screenshot, that tells me that yours is doing it too....

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

If you go into someplace like Washington DC, you will notice that the roofs on the autogen does not glow like these are...

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I'll check later tomorrow, I rarely fly at night, I like eye candy.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...