Which Free Flight has the Aircraft Carrier?

Which Free Flight has the Aircraft Carrier I can practice landing on?

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Bugs Bunny Guest

you'll find one NW of san francisco int ( KSFO )

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Quite a few areas have the aircraft carrier... San Diego, San Francisco, Pearl Harbor, etc.... You just have to look since they are considered Scenery, and not airports.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Can you land on those? Umm...

Bugs Bunny Guest

I've only tried landing choppers and cessnas and the extra 300 on the san francisco carrier and another carrier which I can't remember now, but never tried landing jets , so I'm not sure wether the Arrestor cables work or not.

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

In my F14 video in my signature, I perform a tailhook landing... the tailhook and arrestor cables are simulated into the model, not the aircraft carrier... so once I touch down on the carrier, I have to push the airbrakes to simulate catching the cable.... the plane will then stop in its tracks...

there is no arrester cable, nor catapult on any of the FSX carriers.

There is an addon you can download. I have not tried it so I can't tell you how it works.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Ok, we're getting somewhere. So the carriers do have a hard deck, that's great. Add Rob Barendregt's FSX Carrier Operation Package and we should be in business.

Wait a minute... gotta build a new rig first Wall Bashing

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...